Chapter 4

Its been over 6 weeks since Michelangelo has been missing. His brothers soon realized how quiet its been without their baby brother. So quiet it was like a heart that no longer beat. They missed the light that filled the darkness. They never stopped searching, Splinter stays in his dojo and meditates most the time, the turtles started losing hope and were slacking off. Though they were slacking off they all did their own things to try and keep their minds off their missing brother. Raphael usually talks to spike and punches his punching bag, sometimes getting new holes in it that Donatello has to fix. Donatello on the other hand is always working on something new in his lab, never getting any sleep. Leonardo usually meditates with or without Splinter, he never watches space heroes, not anymore anyways, not like he used to. Most the time Leonardo is training extra when he's not meditating.

Today was another day of searching. Everybody felt hopeless, though no matter how they felt they weren't going to give up. Today is a new day; another chance.

The three went topside, making their way onto the roofs from tall to short buildings. They ran onto the same rooftops they always did. Some nights they fought goons that roamed the streets, such as the purple dragons, the foot-clan, and even a new nemesis called the Krang. The Krang were a surprise to the three heroes, they've never seen anything so abnormal. Luckily this night there were no signs of any criminals or street goons, or so they thought.

Everything was going smoothly, the sky was clear tonight and the stars shinned brighter than ever. It felt like a sign to Leonardo, he felt tonight was going to be different. Though Donatello just had to disagree and made everything about science. Raphael however was quiet, he never spoke, not once. This made the other two a bit freaked out, usually Raphael was yelling or calling his brothers names.

"Raph are you okay? You've been awfully quiet." Leonardo asked, expecting him to give a nod but instead was surprised when Raphael actually spoke when he hasn't for over two hours. "Do you see that?" Leonardo looked around, not seeing what Raphael was talking about. "What are you talking about?" "Over there, wait- look!" This time both Leonardo and Donatello looked at where Raphael pointed his finger. It was a large, tall shadowed figure, they couldn't figure out who or what it was though. "Is that a tail?" Donatello asked using his binoculars that he pulled out his brown duffel bag. "Wait guys, I think that is some type of mutant, we're going to need a closer look." Donatello continued. The other two nodded and followed Donatello towards the creature.

The creature wasn't alone. The turtles soon realized this the closer they got. The turtles laid low, hiding behind an air unite, following Leonardo's commands. The three heard two voices speaking. Raphael immediately froze, his brothers realized this and soon understood why. It was the voice of their missing little brother. They had finally found him! After six long weeks of searching and he was out with another creature. The energy Michelangelo's brothers gave to find him and yet Michelangelo was out and about, safe and sound, not bothering to go home to his 'family'.

Leonardo gave a sign to stay quiet and hidden. They couldn't risk losing their little brother again. They couldn't risk Michelangelo being harmed by the creature who could be holding him captive. The three made a final decision and it was to listen in on their conversation.

Even though they were only listening it didn't mean they couldn't take a sneak peak. Raphael turned his head around the side of the air unite, getting a first glance at the mutant and his baby brother. Or so he thought. The turtle before his eyes sounded exactly like his baby brother, yet had a different appearance. Instead of having his bright orange mask that defined his personality, he had a black mask that was as dark as the sky. Rather than having his orange handled nun-chucks that defined his skill, he had a bow with baby blue tipped arrows that matched his eyes. The black-masked turtle was a few inches taller and buffer than what Raphael's baby brother was. In fact the black-masked turtle had more muscle on him than Raphael. If the two were to have a arm wrestle, Raphael would most definitely lose. Raphael turned back around, his head to the back of the air unite. Raphael was processing what he thought was his baby brothers appearance now thinking differently about who he is. Though he was processing this new information the other two were full on listening to the mutants conversation.