Chapter 11: The finale

Midnight growled under his breath at the sight of Leo. He knew this was bad and the consequences would be much worse. He knew Leo saw much more than he needed, there was no going back for Donnie or him. He took a glance towards Donnie would was sweating like crazy. Midnight cursed under his breath, he never wanted his older brothers cover blown, not like this anyways.

"What do you want Leo!" Midnight yelled and drew his katanas from the woven on his back shell. Donnie drew out his bo staff, following in same suite as Midnight.

"Wow Donnie, so you're going to betray me and Raph too? What's next you join the footclan?!" Leo was full of many emotions, he couldn't comprehend which one to feel, so he showed what anyone else would. Anger. He yelled at Donnie, many words he'd soon regret but couldn't dare hold back. The words acted like bullets, getting fired, one shot after another. Soon tears leaked out the eyes of the 'fearless' blue 'leader'. His tears were once a calm ocean that lead to a raging storm.

"Leo- please" Donnie begged. He tried to speak, to say something that would make the leader think otherwise but the many emotions Leo felt wouldn't allow him to stop yelling and hollering. Out of pure rage the leader grabbed his katanas from his holder. He charged his way towards Donnie. One wrong move he would deeply regret. Leo sliced down his katanas against air abundance. His tears clouded his vision from seeing his wrong doings. The purple lad was in pure shock, unable to move. His legs and feet acted as superglue that could never be unstuck.

Midnight let out a scream of horror. He held his hand to his mouth, not believing the scene before him. Tears started streaming out his eyes, rapids of a river would never compare to the raging streams of water leaking before his eyes.

Karai let out a gasp and covered her mouth from shock. The one before her is the one she never thought would harm their own blood. She knew their background, she knew they were siblings, related or not she thought it never mattered and believed family was made of memories and ones who would do anything for you. Not ones who would do such things Leo would do.

She felt like vomiting, normally the blood of an enemy wouldn't effect her but the one leaking of it was one she called family. She couldn't allow her family to leave her once more, memories started pouring in her head from when she was an infant. She couldn't do anything then but she could do something now.

"O-oh my god!" Midnight screamed.

"Don-Donnie pl-please! Don't do this to me!" Midnight begged the brother he held in his arms. His tears starting dripping onto Donnie. His tears were leaving his eyes just like Donnie's blood was leaving his body.

A single tear stream rolled down Donnie's eye. Donnie knew he wouldn't make it. He smiled at Midnight and told him he was proud of how much he grew and how he always loved him no matter which side he chose. Donnie's heart was gradually slowing down before no beat was heard. Donnie cupped Midnights cheek before letting his eyes droop, and letting his hand drop from Midnights cheek.

Midnight was covered in blood from his now diseased brother. Leo had stabbed Donnie in the center of his chest. The katana was too much for Donnie's shell to protect.

Midnight picked up his katanas and gripped them hard enough for them to break.

"You...you monster!" Midnight full sprinted at Leo, he wanted him to pay, to pay for making him feel like he was nothing compared to his brothers, for murdering his brother, for calling him names, for making him who he is today, and for the scars he left.

Midnight wasn't angry, no, he was furious. He would do anything in his power to have Leo's head on his katana. He wanted Leo to be more than six feet under.

The two brothers were going at it. Both their visions blocked from reality. None of them had any sense of what was happening, they were to angry to care. Leo probably hadn't even known what he'd done to his younger brother.

The fight was somehow brought outside. The strong winds blew against the forces of their katanas clashing in the night. Thunder could be heard rolling in before rain emerged from the clouds above.

"So this is how it'll end, isn't it?" Midnight never asked but spoke, he knew his fate and grew acceptance for it. His tears finally cleared his vision, opening the once angered eyes to eyes of sadness and tragedy. His footing grew sloppy and the cuts he received were starting to ache and bleed too far out.

Leo never spoke, his mind never cleared. He growled under his breath. Never once did he mess up on his form. It was always neat and prefect, just like always. He was fighting his own demons not realizing he was becoming one himself.

Leo swept Midnights leg, causing him to fall down, back first to the cold, wet pavement. Midnight groaned, he'd wish he had asked for Karai's assistance rather than telling her to inform Shredder of what was going on.

Leo pointed his katana at Midnights neck. Unfortunately for Midnight he was physically and emotionally drained. He couldn't bare defend or fight any longer. He didn't struggle to fight back but gave a warm smile. A smile that he'd die with.

Karai yelled his name from a distance. It was a yell of fear, and distress. He didn't dare look, he knew she was making her way towards him, he could hear her footsteps approaching as she ran. Though she wasn't fast enough.

Leo gripped his katana and struck down.

Karai screamed Midnights name. She was too emotionally drained today. Her legs gave out and she fell to the floor. She scram the loudest scream she could. She started crying, tears of a waterfall poured down her cheeks. Her makeup startedwashing off and filled the clear tears with red and black.

"Heh..." Midnight chuckled while he had his last breath.

"Who would've thought." Midnight spoke and coughed up blood, he looked just as identical to his brother, both murdered in the same spot; their chest.

Leo raised a brow at Midnights choice of words, allowing him to take his final breath.

"A villain is whom I was supposed to be but a monster you are."

——————————————-—————————
End of this book ;) I hope you liked the very sad ending. Keep an eye out for announcements as I'll have you guys help me with the next book plot idea!

Words: 1140
Date: 11/13/22