Laughter and Mysteries

Readers, Fan, Muffineaters and Mythical Creatures

UPDATE ALERT!

Love you and Enjoy it!

*** I CHANGED THE COVER, I WANTED SOME CHANGE!! SO DON'T BE ALERTED. ***
- _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ -
--CHAPTER--ELEVEN--

--Miriska--

I was bored.

Completely and utterly bored, it has been two weeks since Damaine brought me here and I was watching Nitro Circus for like the third time. It wasn't like Damiane was there to entertain me since he practically locked me in his house, whilst he went who knows where. Thus leaving me to the own confinment of my mind and anything that was showing on TV.

Damiane really was kind, I came to see he really did care about me and my safety. He was the sweetest soul, he always brought me a flower or something like that. It usually lit up my face with a smile and made me forget a little about this whole situation.

It constantly worried me, this him Damaine keeps muttering about. It also worried me that it bothered Damaine. He is young, he should not be burdened with my problems.

I had this nagging voice in the back of my head telling me I should know, no I knew who he is. The only men I've been close with is Alix, De 'Shawn, Eric, Cam and my father. Unless that wasn't what Damiane meant, because in that case it could be any boy or man I've encountered or touched. It could be any of my classmates or teachers.

The slam of a door alerted me to him being here.

I ran down the dark brown wooden stairs, hoping for the best. "Is there any good news? Any chance of me going home?"

"No, Miriska he's still searching and-"

"What?"

A heavy sigh escaped his mouth, "He's getting closer. To close."

It was bothering him, I could see that, it was bright as day. So I distracted him. "I was wondering what you, mister are going to do about my boredom."

He stared hard at me for a minute, before a small smile broke out on his face. "Very well, Miss Boredom. What do you want to do?"

"Go out. Anywhere, please. I hate being stuck in this house. My eyes hurt from reading to much, so that is out of the question. Along with watching a movie. Didn't you say that there's supposed to be a small waterfall close by, can't we just go there?"

"We can actually. Nobody knows about it, so yes. Go put on something you can swim in, the water is delightful this time of the year. After that we come straight back here, since I have to leave again. Duty calls."

I smirked and ran up the stairs, for the while that I have been here Damaine has almost restocked a whole closet with clothes for me, including bikinis and swimsuits.

I pulled on a black bikini top with pink polka dots and a matching bottom. Over that a jean short and a white tank top, along with some comfortable sandals. I skipped down the stairs to see Damaine waiting for me at the bottom.

"Well, Mir. Come on, let's get going, we're going to walk, it's basically in my back yard."

We set off towards the forest the engulfed his whole backyard. A small, almost overgrown path trailed into the trees. Around fifteen minutes later we arrived at the most breathtaking little waterfall.

The water was clear, the little stone at he bottom dancing along with the currents. Even small brightly coloured fish swam by. The grass was the prettiest and brightest shade of green I have even see.

"Oh, it's beautiful."

"I know, right. I found it when I first moved here, by chance."

I smiled and undressed, my feet dipped in the water first, then the rest of my body soon followed. The water refreshed me and chased away any of boredom and laziness I felt.

Damaine copied me and we soon were giddy from laughter and joy...

--Unknown--

The young man stood with his shoulders back and his head high. A posture of strength with just enough arrogance that made him superior to all the other little idiots I had hired.

"All of them have failed, where you will succeed. I know you will. I need you to succeed. You have an advantage above the others to get me what I desire. I have agents that will assist you should the need arise for any help."

"Yes, sir. When will you require me fo this mission?"

"We will go now, you will take her to my cabin that is close to his house. Lure her out and then you disappear, make sure to cover your scent, if he tracks you to my house and I am not present he will slaughter you. Make sure you keep her unharmed, you can knock her out if she causes trouble but no more than that, am I clear?"

"Crystal, sir," the soldiers face was hard and deeply concentrated, he proved useful in the experimental missions I sent him on, he fared beter than any other, now he will bring me what I deserve. "Go, now."

The ring of my mobile phone annoyed me, why are they calling me? I have much more pressing matters to attend to than some silly quarrel that I need to sort out.

"What?" I spat into the phone, agitating clear in my voice.

"Is that any way to talk to your best friend? Jeez, no need to get mad at me. You know there is something like caller id on your phone and my number is definitely on your phone, seeing as I saved it there."

"Sorry, Micheal. These idiots just keep frustrating me with their silly, stupid and plain idiotic actions, I have finally found the perfect soldier and he's disposable too."

He scoffed. "The one from my idea, the one I told you to convert a long time ago?"

"Yes, Michael and thank you, for I will have failed eternally without your brilliant mind," the sarcasm in my voice almost tangible.

"It was a pleasure to assist you. It's fun."

"Well now I need you to make sure that nothing goes wrong, now is a  crucial marker in the operation if something goes wrong, we will have to start over. We can't have that."

"No, we can't, I'll make sure that everything goes smoothly.

--Damaine--

A smile. A real smile. That was the one thing I had stretched across my face, rivulets of water raced down my body and dripped to the ground. Miriska laughed and her voice carried across the stream, until it reached my ears, my smile widened to a full-out grin. Only with Mir do I smile and laugh and even giggle.

"Mir, come it's getting late. We need to head back."

I can't ever really laugh or have any fun, not with the work I do. Smiles showed vulnerability, happiness and friendship were chinks in our armour. But with Miriska, I'd let her be my weakness any day.

Mir nodded and lifted herself from the stream, I brought a towel closer and draped it over her shoulders. "Thank you, Damaine."

Happiness and joy practically radiated from her. Even the most hardened soldiers would soften up next to her and they would give their lives as well, just to keep her safe.

I didn't want to see her hurt, I would go to hell and back to ensure it.

He sure as hell won't take her from me, I will not allow him to steal her from me again. He may have te charm to fool any other, but his charade will be lifted once I get my hands on him.

--Miriska--

"I'll see you tomorrow or late tonight if you are still awake. 'Kay? There's frozen pizza in the freezer, drinks in the fridge. Don't eat it all."

"Yeah, okay."

He hugged me. "Don't be sad, I had fun today. We'll do that again tomorrow, okay? I promise."

I smiled. "Okay. Go, stop worrying. I'll be fine. I can take care of myself you know."

Around a 45 minutes later the doorbell rang, I kept still and lowered the book I was reading. It rang again and again. I stood quietly and went to look through the peephole, long strands of black hair atop a head, with striking green eyes greeted me.

I pulled back, what is he doing here?

The chime of the bell resonated once again through the hall.

How does he know I am here? Surely Damaine would have said something, so he is here on his own, but how did he find me?

I my mind I argued with myself to open the door, my logical side said yeah, but my instincts screamed no. But I know him. That resolved it. I yanked open the door, his eyebrows lifting slightly in surprise at the sudden movement, his face tensed, then relaxed as he saw me.

"Hi," the words slipped out as a whisper.

"Hello," his words were soft, his voice husky and deep.

"Alix, what are you doing here?"

- _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ -

Hey!

Question Time:

What do you think Damaine does?
How did Alix find her?
What is he going to do?
What is the Unknown planning?

Hope you like...
ShadowHorse, Clarice, Muffin Giver, and mythical creature lover.