Circles and Riddles

• Dedicated to All my Readers!

VERY VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:

I would like to apologize for the EXTREMELY LONG wait for the update of this book, I feel like I let you down, so I'll try and start updating a bit faster..

I am really SOOOO sorry for that wait but school is overwhelming me at the moment.

- _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ -

--CHAPTER--TEN--

--Unknown--

Sir, we picked up her scent and followed it, but it doubles back and circles and then just drops off. We found no others scents but... Sir, I think you need to come here yourself. You might want to see this. A deep male voice, that of Micheal my head of security and most trusted friend, rang through my mind.

On my way. I sent a quick telepathic message back, jumped in the shower and dressed in dark loose jeans and a grey t-shirt.

Ten minutes later I was staring, with my blood basically boiling.

Oh, big bad wolf. You may huff and puff but you will never blow my house down.

Just so you know, yes I have Miriska and yes I know you wanted her too, but you won't get her. Do you know why?

I'll tell you the answer if you can find me.

The little note was tied to a piece of cloth, bearing Miriska's scent, it looked like a piece of cloth was torn from a shirt or dress.

With every word my patience shortened and my frown deepened.

Then I burst out laughing, but it was not a happy laugh, more like a dark, malice filled chuckle. "Go, I shall call for you, when I am in need of you."

I knew exactly who did it, now I need to find him.

--Miriska--

Since I woke up with a pounding headache and found someone standing in front of me was a guy I thought I fabricated within my own dreams and imagination, I had felt nothing but anger and some awe but strangely enough I felt no immediate anger as though I knew he meant no evil towards me...

Damiane's legs were clad in a sleek black jean and his torso in a white t-shirt and black leather jacket. My own body was clad in my own underwear, thank goodness, with a large men shirt and a pair of ladies silk boxers.

"Did you undress me?"

He chuckled. "Yes, but I promise that's all I did, nothing inappropriate."

"Why did you kidnap me?" my question was hesitant, but I knew I had to ask it sometime.

He sighed and paused before her answered. "I took you before he could... I didn't want you to get hurt."

"Why would he, whoever he is hurt me? I don't know him, I've done nothing to him," my eyebrows pulled together in confusion.

"I'm not going tell exactly who he is, but he's been closer to you than you might imagine, and I was scared that when he took you now, he would kill you like the rest of them. You know... the girls."

I paused before asking my next questions. "He killed them? Why? Why was he planning on taking me?"

"The previous girls were just toys, things to keep him busy. But you... you are his major... his main girl. The one he actually wants, and trust me, when he gets you he's never going to let you go."

"Are you? Are you going to let me go?" apprehension colouring my voice.

"Yes, when I know you're safe."