Love, Laughs and Mario Kart

I was listening to a song when the idea hit me. Before that I don't think I had a clue as to what I was going to write...

Sorry for the awfully long delay!!

Love and thousands of muffins..

- _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ -

--CHAPTER--EIGHT--

"No."

"Please?"

The frown deepened on my face. "No. Look my dad said no, I can't go against his word."

"C'mon Miri, please? Be rebel for once, go and fight his authority. You are eighteen, old enough to ensure that you can take care of yourself. I'll come with you and tell him the whole group is going. It's for a week, not a month."

A small smile creeped onto my face, "If you can somehow manage to change his mind, I'll buy you a muffin. A chocolate one."

She squealed extremely loudly into my ear. She grabbed my hand and pulled me to her car and stuffed me inside. At the speed we pulled away, it seemed like she was trying to save the world form some disaster.

"Lish, muffins don't have legs they can't run away. Even if there aren't any, I'm pretty sure Cora is already firing up another batch," I said with a smirk on my face.

 ~~~~

We pulled up to my house and Alisha all but flew out the car in the rush to get the muffinish deliciousness. Here I thought I loved muffins.

I followed behind her and quickly caught up to her. "Lish, first you convince my dad, then you get muffins, okay? Or I will deprived you of muffins for a week."

"Okay, okay. I'll go, I'll go. You better have a plate of muffins ready for me when I get back!"

"Just go!"

She left with quick, long bounds to where my father worked in his office.

Cora walked out of the kitchen, and came to stand next to me, where I stood in the living room.

"Miss Miriska, what a pleasure to see you, I'm glad that I just finished baking muffins, seeing as Miss Alisha enjoys them so much."

"Yeah, and Cora? Please call me Miriska the 'miss' part makes me sound stuck up and snobby. Two things I hope I am not."

"Mis- Miriska, those are two things I know you try your hardest not to be and trust me you aren't."

I smiled and turned as Alisha came bounding down the stairs, a huge smile decorating her face.

"Am I great, or am I great? You want the good news or the better news?"

"Hm, how about the g-"

"Never mind I'll give you both. I managed to convince your dad that you can come with us, but you have to call either him or De' Shawn everyday to check in."

My eyebrows lifted in amazement, very little people ever manage to convince my father to change his decision about something... Guess it's just some charm Alisha has.

My smile shifted into a grin, "Well, I did promise you cupcakes if you could achieve that feat and you did so, were off to see some muffins, the delicious muffins of Oz."

We linked arms and skipped to the kitchen, where a plate with four freshly baked muffins stood, Alisha immediately grabbed two and started munching on them.