Chapter Eight

Hardest goodbye.

The days were boring and long and filled with more deaths than we could keep up with

Daemon wrote to me of his adventures against the son of the sea snake mostly telling me of how many men he had slain and despite me not writing back I often thought of him, Rheayra had sent him letters speaking of me me, telling him how I was or what I was preoccupying myself with which I like to believe kept his mind at ease but alas we were not friends once more. What made it worse was we became nothing but something that once burned so of course today I picked to write to him.

Prince Daemon
Now with Alicent being queen reigning of three years and had given out many a babe with a cock and today we are being made to go on a hunt Rhaenyra was being forced by her father and I was being forced by Rheayra. I could only picture you now laughing as the court respects Alicent which you and I always seem to have found her some type of jest.

Rheayra and I are currently sitting under that tree you once stared at me from, rheayra is reading and I am bored out of my mind writing this letter to you, despite not doing it at all in the past three years I do miss your company feels a little too lonely being here.

And oh the gods Rheayra has a man Called Samwell playing the same song over and over again and here comes Alicent. You should really return soon it's awfully dull here despite Alicent calling herself queen anytime she gets in a spat with Rheayra as a way to use power against her. She tried it towards me once you should have seen her face when I disobeyed.

I glanced up from my writing to see Rheayra walking away book in hand and Alicent looking upset she looked at me

"Do not ask for comfort towards me Alicent, you will earn none" I told her before going to walk past her

"I am the queen!" With this I slapped her with my free hand

What the fuck did I just do?

"Shit Alicent are you alright?" I asked going to help her

"No kindness between us aye?" She asked pulling away she wiped the blood from her lip and walk away I glanced up to see Rheayra staring wide eyed

"What did you do?" She asked shocked as she walked towards me

"I just slapped a wannabe queen" I told her and interlaced our arms Before looking at my letter

"Your writing to my uncle?" She asked

"Three years has been a long time-"