Sliver Seventeen

"Steph stop it!" Delia exclaimed,reaching to swat his hand from above the heating pan but she'd been too slow,he'd already dropped the chunk of butter and her slap had only facilitated the action.

          "But it's better with butter and curry spice. It's what the recipe says" Stephan defended admist laughs. He knew the action would irk her but he'd done it anyway.

           They were right in the middle of preparing chinese rice and although he Delia had insisted on not adding those ingredients,he had the strange urge to follow the recipe. It was times like these that Delia would always say;

           "Cooking is not a pharmaceutical experiment Steph,I've told you this" she tried to feign annoyance,the sides of her lips still crinkling in a small smile. "It's not funny!" She yelled amusedly,causing Stephan to finally stifle the rest of his laughs.

            "Okay,okay. I'm sorry baby" He apologised,his arms coming around her waist from behind her and bringing her back against his chest in a back hug. Delia smiled,feeling his fingers massage her belly.

           "Don't tell me that. You're going to do it again" Delia scoffed,motioning to reach for another ingredient but Stephan reached it first and brought it to her hold. "I'm not,I promise" Stephan cajoled,his lips meeting the exposed skin of her shoulder.

            "Steph,can you please stop? Or just leave the kitchen" Delia mused,sparing him a glance. He'd just taken a shower before coming down to the kitchen to join her and he'd done nothing but turn her thinking foggy since then. His lips felt cold on her warm skin,amplifying the thrill of the gesture.

            "Why? I thought you wanted me here" He laughed as she turned in his arms to reach another ingredient and back to the stove. "Because...you're confusing me" She told him and Stephan delighted in the fact that his head hung well enough on her shoulder to see the rosy blemishing of her cheeks.

           "So I confuse you,Mrs. Hudgens" Stephan whispered,a little bit too close to Delia's earlobe for comfort and his breath massaging it in the process. "Hmm" He purred even closer,creating even more tingles in the spot.

           Delia wondered if he was purposely teasing her or if he just wanted them to have burnt food for dinner. "I thought that was obvious. Leave me alone,Mr. Hudgens" She finally found her voice,turning off the stove and then to his laughing figure.

           Stephan couldn't believe that once upon a time,he'd forgotten how much he loved to befuddle her. It just couldn't get old,it just couldn't. Not when she always gave that naive bashful smile and her cheeks turned delectably pink right before him.

           "What smells so mouth-watering in here?" Diana's voice boomed through the kitchen as she walked in but she'd stopped,noticing the position the couple was now in. "Oh,I'm sorry. I hope I didn't interrupt anything" Diana chuckled,taking a seat on a kitchen stool.

             Stephan laughed,watching how Delia's blush deepened and she'd eyed him for it. "Not at all maa" Stephan affirmed,pulling away from Delia. Whilst Delia missed his warmth,she was glad that mobility was finally granted her.

           "Are you sure? It looked like some devouring was about to take place" Diana mused. "Mum!" Delia exclaimed,throwing both Stephan and her mother into a fit of laughter.

           "Oh come on,Flower. We've all had those days"Her mother perched,encouraging the devious smile which now played over Stephan's lips. Delia shook her head,deciding to ignore the pair and thankfully,they'd gotten engrossed in whatever conversation they'd begun to have.