Sliver Fourteen

Stephan held unto her all through the check up by the paramedics. There's been no serious damage,just that her left knee and leg had suffered trauma from the collision thus the brace which was wrapped around it.

           Delia stayed put,allowing Stephan to get every other thing sorted out. Apparently,the mother of the boy had stopped to get something from the convenience store and the child had ran into the street to get his ball. The lady had been extremely relieved and grateful that Delia had taken the risk for her son.

            The more things played out,the more Delia was able to calm herself. Stephan had gotten a towing van to tow the car out of the street. Only then did Delia notice the damage the car had suffered. The rear bumper had fallen off,the left headlight had completely shattered,the side mirror had detached from its place,the wipers had come off and cracks now lined the fore glass.

            Stephan helped her to the car he'd come with thereafter,placing her in the opposite seat before getting behind the wheel. Delia felt exhausted,the amount and caliber of emotions that had gone through her for the past few hours were unimaginable.

             Delia had never been happier to see her husband. Even better,he'd come to her rescue,he had come running to her in her frailest state. It was only until his hands came around her that her fear had begun to subside.

           She'd felt dejected and terrified but it'd all began to melt when he'd held her. She'd panicked and cried,she'd broken down and she doubted if anyone could have given her the calm and relief his words,kisses or touch had brought her.

           Stephan kept taking sparing her glances,the need to ensure that she was okay being the only thing he could think of. It saddened him that the car only let him hold her hand in his over the console.

           "Does it hurt?" Stephan questioned lowly as he drove through the gates of their estate,noticing her shift in her place. Her eyes had remained shut all through the drive and she'd occasionally tightened her grasp in his fingers,like she wanted to assure that he was still there.

           "Not really. I'm just feeling a bit queasy" Delia whispered back,placing her second hand over his as they reached the house and Stephan parked the car.

           "I'm sorry about that" Stephan told her and she forced a small smile unto her lips before he got down from the car. He'd circled the car to her side even before she could open her own door.

            "You shouldn't be walking. Come on,get on my back. Let me carry you" He'd instructed and as much as Delia knew she wasn't that injured,she preferred to do as he said than to object.

           "Aren't I weighty?" Delia questioned as he walked slowly,resting her head over his shoulder so that the skin of his neck smothered against that of her temple and nose.

           "You weigh lighter now than when we first met...and it's not much of a good thing" Stephan told her with a light chuckle as he began his ascent over the stairs. "Steph..." Delia trailed off lowly,her voice still hoarse from her tears.

          "Yeah baby" Stephan replied,adjusting her on his back. "I'm...sorry about the car" She whispered,wrapping her arms tighter around his neck so her fingers were caressing the sides of his shoulders.

           "That's the least of our problems right now Lia. You're okay and that's what matters most to me" Stephan replied,walking through the doors of her room and lowering her into the bed.

          "I know but...the damage was so bad. This is why I shouldn't be driving" Delia sulked as Stephan helped her relax into the bed,placing pillows behind her back to support her.