Sliver Eleven

Delon's pharmacy was shutting down for the day. Stephan's sales manager was gathering the day's sales while Stephan was putting his papers together in his office. Stephan spared his watch a glance,he still had time before Delia would get off work.

          "I knew you would still be buzzing" Stephan heard an all too familiar voice from the doorway. "What the hell? Adam Hudgens!" Stephan sprung up with excitement.

          "In the flesh" Adam laughed,bringing Stephan into his embrace. "What's the occasion? How did you get here?" Stephan gushed as he pulled away.

          "What? I can't visit my little brother anymore?" Adam laughed,propping into a nearby sofa. He was still in his work clothes,just like Stephan,so Stephan gathered that he must have had something to do in town.

           "Closing another deal?" Stephan inquired,taking the seat beside his. "God,it has not been easy. Remember that steel company dad has been obsessed with,Jeremy finally acquired it" Adam explained.

          "Damn,that's what we call an expansion. You guys are so good at this,really" Stephan commended. "I did nothing bro,just signed papers while Jeremy did all the work" Adam chuckled.

           Stephan almost forgot himself,listening to every tad bit of information his brother was giving him in their catch up session. It'd been so since he'd seen any of his family around so Adam's visit felt like some holiday of the sort.

            Stephan loved his brothers. Holding last as a birth rank afforded him the comfort of two shoulders. He had to give himself the accolades for rarely putting them to use though,he'd always had that independent string,the need to do things for himself by himself. But that didn't stop his brothers from always putting him before anything else and offering their shoulders. And although he hadn't noticed,he did seem to need a shoulder now more than ever.

           "Don't you feel bad for leaving him to all the work at headqaurters?" Stephan question as he and Adam made their way out of the pharmacy. They'd taken their time sauntering about the three-storey building as Stephan had to carry out his routine evening inspection before letting the workers close up.

           "Not really. He was rather elated that he didn't have to travel. You know how he is,hates moving around and all" Adam shrugged. Jeremy had always been the most reserved brother,always reserving his thoughts on his next action to himself.

           Stephan nodded with a laugh,recalling how much Jere's reserved nature had caused people to believe he and Adam were the more mischievous ones,whilst Jere had always been the mastermind behind their shenanigans.

           "You coming with me?" Stephan questioned as they reached his car,noticing an austere car at the other end of the parking lot. "Nah,I'm here with a car. We can meet up at the house,same address right?" Adam told him with a light tap of his shoulder.

            "Yeah,you can go ahead. I have to pick Delia up on my way back" Stephan informed. "Oh,my Flower. It's been so long" Adam smiled. "I'd meet you both back at home" he stated before striding towards the car Stephan had noticed. Stephan loved how much his family adored Delia,like she'd been born right into their family from the start,she was made to be theirs.

            It had been a short drive,not that the distance was short but Stephan had his speed make it so,he didn't want to keep Delia waiting and he believed he'd expended some good amount of time.

            He'd reached the studio in no time and parked the car just by the corner. Sparing the building a glance,he noticed that it looked pretty much closed for the day with the lights turned off and windows tightly shut. It caused him to second guess Delia's presence at the studio.