Sliver Ten

Delia had been sad to let Beatrice go. She hadn't wanted to. She'd stayed an extra week for her but it still wasn't enough for Delia. Beatrice had to fly back to Michigan to get ready to move to Florida permanently and Delia knew the pertinence of the course.

            Beatrice had taken the night flight and Stephan had driven them. They'd spent a bit over a quarter of an hour before they got back home. Delia missed Beatrice almost instantly,but sleep had helped her overcome the feeling,putting her out the minute she walked through the doors of her room.

           Stephan worried. He'd helped her into her room as she'd begun wobbling from the car and he feared she would slip and hurt herself. She had never been the night person but it turned out her friend was nocturnal as even he would have chosen the morning flight over that of the night.

            He worried because he wanted to get things right now. Beatrice's words had been stuck to the back of his head,he had to try. He built his resolve while sprawling the soft duvet over Delia's sleeping figure. He strengthened it while he placed a kiss over the ginger lids of her eyes.

           The following days had been better than he'd expected. It was as though some force had connected his mind to Delia's in a circuit box. Their thoughts roamed in the same direction and their motion was fluid.  Delia wanted to keep it that way,she needed it to be that way so she could work on getting something better. Beatrice had been the finest catalyst she'd ever seen.

           "Good morning" Delia chipped as Stephan walked into her room,right after placing a few knocks on her door. "Good morning. Had breakfast yet?" Stephan found himself smiling whilst watching her put her purse together.

            "I had a bit in the early hours. You?" Delia questioned,putting her sandals on and taking to her feet. She'd clad herself in a pink flared gown stopping by her knees,she had so much stacked up in her schedule for the day and she needed to be as free as possible.

           "I was going to have it with you,but I guess I can get something later" Stephan shrugged and Delia shot him an apologetic look. Stephan had waved it off but Delia hadn't. Even though it had taken out a bit from time which she barely had,she'd stuck around and ensured Stephan had his breakfast. Work could be hectic for Stephan and Delia wasn't going to let him work hungry.

           "How busy is the day?" Stephan questioned as he drove them down the Harvesian Street,where Delia's studio was situated. He'd offered to take her as he was yet to get her a chauffeur.

            "A bit. I have to get supplies for the studio and check on the pre-orders. If there's more time,I might start on a new painting" Delia finished just as the car came to a stop beside the studio. Stephan had unknowingly wrapped his fingers around hers over the console and she spoke.

           "What?" Delia laughed as she tried to wring her hand out of his to no avail. "Can we not go to work today?" Stephan smiled,turning off the car engine and facing her.  "Only today?" Delia chuckled.

            "The whole week? Or maybe just this month?" Stephan urged,bringing his other hand over hers. Delia laughed,causing Stephan to do the same but he hadn't meant it totally as a muse. He was starting to feel as if their work had them having less time for each other and he wanted the time,time with her,time to work on what had begun to sprout.

           "Delia really,I'm serious" Stephan smiled,still caressing her palm. "Nah,you can't be" Delia laughed. "But I am" Stephan pressed on. "You're saying you want to leave your pharmacies,Delon branches for a whole month" Delia inquired,cocking up a brow.