THE DEAL

SUMMARY: After a drunken night you end up in a bed with one of your best friends, Harry. A deal is made and feelings shall never be involved. But that's not as easy as you thought...

WORD COUNT: 11.8k

WARNING: sexual content

If your life was some romantic comedy his would be the moment where the camera would zoom on you, your eyes blankly glued to the ceiling, makeup from last night smudged under them as a muscular, inked arm gets thrown across your chest, a snoozing man beside you as you have the internal little monologue.

"You're wondering how I got into this situation, right? Completely naked with one of my best friends after a night spent with heavy drinking and ending up fucking in his apartment until we both fell asleep."

Yeah, this is probably what the voiceover would say as the camera would slowly get farther from you, Harry's sleeping figure coming into the frame while you're still lying like a damn statue. This was not supposed to happen. Not that it was bad, because oh God! Harry really is as good as his ex-girlfriends gushed to you when you met them on night outs. You could never blame the women for falling for him, he has the charm, the personality, the humor and definitely the looks. If you weren't you, you'd be one of those girls who would do anything to get his attention just for a split second. But you're not.

Growing up with a single mother that was repeatedly fucked over by several men, you were taught to be the kind of independent woman who needs no man. Who only uses them for whatever reason and throws them away before they could even realize what's happening. Feelings could never be involved in the equations, those are just not for you.

For a while you thought you weren't even capable of feeling anything at all. But the way you cried when your hamster you got for your sixteenth birthday died changed your mind and you realized that you are just saving yourself the time of allowing people to make you develop feelings for them and then give them the chance to break your heart. You've seen that happen to your mother enough times to know that you don't want to go through that. It's not worth it and why would you risk it all when you could easily get what you need and move on to the next one?

Your friends always joked how you're gonna be the single aunt to their children later who would take them to clubs and honestly? You're just fine with that. Because you always thought that while your married friends will be busy with keeping their marriage together with whatever pathetic man they chose to marry, you'll be living your best life without a worry on the world. That sounds pretty good for you.

There's no need to make it prettier than what it is, you've had a lot of hookups the past years but you always tried to keep yourself in check, have some kind of rules to follow so you don't hurt yourself or anyone else in the process. One of those were that under no circumstances would you ever sleep with a friend. No matter how badly you want to, no matter if they are begging, it can never happen.

But you broke that rule.

Turning your head to the side you look at Harry's sleeping face squished into the pillow and you almost wince, because you know that when he wakes up, this gonna hurt like a bitch. He's gonna freak out, or what's worse, he'll want to take it further, take you out on a date... be in a relationship with you! And you'll have to break his heart because none of those will ever happen.

You and Harry went to high school together and he is one of the very few people you stayed in touch after graduation. Though you grew a little apart when you went to different universities, later on you both somehow ended up in New York and while you're working as a graphic designer at a magazine, Harry is making good money from writing music for other artists. He's been one of your closest friends these past years and while you've always found him attractive, you should have never let this happen, because it will mess everything up and you didn't want to lose such a good friend.