time to wake up

' dreaming '

The warm water was lapping at his toes and the sun beat down on his body, the sand soft beneath him , he turned his head and could see JK laying next to him smiling .

"Hey babes , " he said softly , " time to wake up now "  Tae scrumpled his nose and pouted , " don't want to " he rolled on his side and flicked some of the sea water with his feet , so it splashed on JKs legs . Jk laughed and splashed back ,

" what do we look like " said Tae breathlessly,  JK laughed " we look like mermaids just flapping our feet about hahaha " they both laughed and flopped back on the sand .

" ouch !" Tae suddenly said holding his head " think I drank too many cocktails last night , all that messing around has given me a head ache .

Jk looked concerned and Tae laughed  " it's just a head ache babe , nothing serious , " still the frown didn't leave JKs face.

He wasn't sure how he got there but now they were sat on a terrace overlooking a beautiful blue oceon , eating pork belly and Japchae.

Jk was watching , fascinated with Tae slurping the noodles up. He was smiling a small sad smile " whats up ? " asked Tae with his mouth full , JK shook his head " oh sorry , its nothing,  just seems like forever since we've sat and eaten peacefully together, and as lovely as this is , I keep feeling like we're forgetting to do something "
" oh ! Me too , " Tae said excitedly " I've been thinking about it all day but I can't think what it is .."

" oh well,  it can't be that important " said JK as he picked up a cube of pork with his chopsticks and placed it in Taes dish . " eat up babe , you need your strength " Tae did as he was told.

They laid on a double recliner, in the warmth of the tropical evening and admired the stars , Tae snuggled into JKs arm and sighed , he lifted his hand up to admire his wedding ring , but it was gone . Panic flooded his body and he sat up, " JK , JK wake up I've lost it , "

Tears streamed down his face as he fell to his knees searching the surrounding sand with his hands .

" Tae , babes , what have you lost ?"
Tae let out a heart wrenching sob " my wedding ring "

He scrambled some more and it took a while for JKs voice to get through,  and when Tae did hear it , it seems to be from far away , " its okay babe , it's not lost , I have it here waiting for you "

Tae stopped searching and looked for JK , but couldn't find him , he called his name" JK ! JK ! "

"I'm right hear "said JK but Tae still couldn't see him , he could hear other voices now , his head hurt , in fact his whole body hurt,  he couldn't understand why and wanted to go back to laying down with JK .

He looked around  desperately and then he saw him laying on the recliner in the distance , his heart rate relaxed and he smiled.

He thought he heard his mother's voice saying wake up,  but ignored it , no way his mum was here with him and JK that would just be weird. Chuckling he walked towards Jk and sat next to him . With the gentle breeze caressing their skin and the waves melodic movements it wasn't long until he fell asleep.

Jk stretched out his aching body , sleeping leaning forward on a chair was not the most comfortable , but leaving wasn't an option , he'd wondered what had woken him and had noticed Tae was moving and twitching. He'd tried calling to him , telling him to wake up,  but he hadn't,  at one point Tae had shouted JKs name and his heart beat had gone off the charts , nurses had come running and checked everything . They said his blood pressure had dropped and his heart rate risen and that if they didn't get it down he could have a heart attack  , or worse slip into a deep coma , as it was apparently his was a light coma whilst his body healed.

JK had held his good  hand and pleaded with Tae but nothing had helped until he thought he had heard Tae say the word ring  , and  he'd wondered if that was what was stressing Tae out. So he said as loudly as he dared in a hospital , " Its not lost babe, I have it here , waiting for you "   Taes heart beat had slowed almost straight away and his blood pressure had started to go back to  normal.

Taes mother had looked at JK with relieved tears in her eyes " If I wasn't convinced before that you were meant to be with my son , I am now " she gave him a quick shoulder squeeze " Thank you JK " she said .

JK was too choked up to reply, and just brought Tae's hand to his face and held it against his cheek. He heard Tae mumble " JK " and he replied " I'm right here babe "

It had been two days and JK was getting desperate for Tae to wake up. He hadn't changed his clothes and had barely eaten , people had come and gone but he'd not seen them , this morning the doctors had removed the tube from Taes head , and told them it was just a waiting game now , Tae wasn't in any immediate danger but had to want to wake up .

Dreaming ..

Tae was cold , he was sure he'd  fallen asleep holding JKs hand , but now everything was dark and he couldn't feel JK any more or see him. He strained to hear the waves , there had  definitely been waves when he went to sleep , but again nothing , pain was seeping into him , breathing hurt,  his head hurt , his whole body hurt ! No ! He thought , I want to go back to sleep , it doesn't hurt there , I have JK there ! Something was telling him JK wasn't there the other side of the darkness , something told him the other side was fear and pain , but no matter how hard he tried to go back to sleep he couldn't,   his body felt...heavier , breathing hurt in his chest ,his throat was on fire .

He fought it , he wanted to stay with JK on the beach , in the warm , but thebdarkness was changing , it was getting lighter and lighter ..'  worriedly he thought maybe I'm dead , is this the light people talk about , ? , no!!  I can't be dead , I need to stay with JK , ....JK

Suddenly he felt JKs hand in his own , and heard him say "  I'm right here babe , it's time to wake up now , I'm waiting for you "

With a lot of effort Tae slowly opened his eyes , everything was so bright that he shut them again almost immediately but JKs voice called to him,  " come on babe , you can do this , please please come back to me "

Well if JK was asking how could he say no so he tried again , eyes opened just slits at first,  letting them adjust to the brightness and then he saw him , his JK . His Jk was crying ? He went to reach out but something was holding his arm back so he tried to speak but JK said " sssh babes , you cant talk, you were intubated babe , you're okay, you're okay "

Nurses rushes in and unhooked Tae from the wires and machines , it seemed to take for ever but then Tae was free to move and saw his mum clutching her hands and crying and then back to JK " my husband " he managed to croak out before JK flung himself at him and released all the tears and worry of the last few days .

" Thank you,  thank you,  for coming back to me " he said .