14

Your going to make it, Ace.

Diana woke up the next morning, she saw that Tom was gone. She got ready to go see Carole and Bradley. she shook her head.

She made sure her uniform looked okay. She sighed. "Let's do this Ace." Diana said to herself as she walked out of the door.

Then she sat in her car, she knew she had to go talk to Viper and Jester.

.........

She knocked on the office of Viper's door. "Yes!" She heard Viper, she stepped in the office and stood at attention. "At ease Ace, what brings you by." Viper said. She looked at Jester and Viper both. "I am here to make a statement regarding the accident, Nobody's a fault... I know this because.... because.... I saw Goose go through the canopy sir." Ace said as her voice cracked as the image popped up in her head again.

"If Maverick were to get blame which I know they are looking into this.... He's not at fault... also the Flat spin was caused by Jet wash and they lost control.... I feel like it's my fault because I couldn't warn.. gosh why did mine and spade's radio had to go out." Ace said as she shook her head and wiped away the tears. "Goodness, I am sorry for being a wreck." Ace apologize.

"Your fine, Ace." Viper assured her. "We take it your traumatized by this?" Jester questioned. Ace nodded and said "I'll still want to fly but I had to tell my point of view... just in case you know, the worse could happened." Ace said. They nodded. 

"Thank you Ace, would that be all then?" Viper questioned her and she nodded. "Your dismissed." Viper said.

.......... 

When Diana made it to the place, she saw that Maverick was here. She hadn't seen him since the accident. She sighed.

She walked in and saw Maverick was talking to Carole which Carole saw Diana and ran into her arms then Diana busted into tears. "I know." Carole said as she rubbed her back. "I'm so sorry Carole." Diana said as the tears slipped. Carole pulled away, "Now you know Goose wouldn't want you crying Ace." Carole said. "I know..." Diana said. 

Diana looked at Bradley. "You talked to Maverick... I am going to see if sweet Bradley is alright." Diana said and Carole nodded.

Diana made her way to Bradley, her heart broke when she saw the little boy. Nobody shouldn't have to go through grief this young or lose a parent in the matter. "Hey Bradley." Diana said as she sat in front of him. "Hey Ms. Kerner." Bradley said which caused the woman to smile a bit. "Bradley... we been over this sweetheart... you can call me Diana or Ace... I don't mind it." Diana said. She managed to get him to smile a bit for he frowned again. 

"Little guy, I'm sorry." Diana said as she grabbed onto his hand and he squeezed it. "Uncle Mav, said you tried to help save him and my dad." Bradley said. "I did... I felt like I failed." Diana said fighting the urge to not cry again. Carole's heart broke when she heard Diana so did Maverick's.

"It's not your fault Ace, you tried." Bradley said. Diana smiled a bit as a tear slipped. "Thanks little guy... look I promise you... I am going to be here for you and your mom... no matter what." Diana said which caused Bradley to smile and pulled her into a hug. Diana held onto the little boy. "Goose... I promise." She muttered as she held onto his son.

Maverick sighed. "He loved flying with the both of you." Carole said to Maverick. "He adored Diana a lot." Maverick added. "He adored both of you." Carole said. Maverick left. Diana looked at Carole. "I told Viper and Jester, My point of view... Carole, I'll just.." Diana said. "Me too... Lost and hurt... but You are going to make it, Ace." Carole said and Diana smiled.

"I meant it, I will be here for the both of you.... no matter what because at the end of the day... Goose was always there for me." Diana said and Carole smiled. "We know you will." Carole said. Then she handed Diana a box, Diana looked at her puzzled.

"Goose was going to gift this to you on Graduation, he had a feeling you are going to be winning, he wanted to get you something." Carole said. Diana shook her head. "Oh Goose... it's currently tied." Diana said. "Regardless he had to get you something." Carole said and Diana smiled.

"It means a lot besides him, maverick, spade.... my brother and Ice.... Have faith in me.. Goose always has." Diana said. She hugged Carole once again.

"You are going to make him proud." Carole said. Diana smiled a bit. "That's the plan."

.............

Diana walked into Tom's house, he wasn't home yet. She held onto the box and sighed. "Gee Goose what did you get me... I hope this wasn't expensive... he knows I don't like expensive gifts... but it's the thought." Diana said to herself. 

When she opened the box, she realized it was a music box and it played the tune that she knew from a child which broke her into tears. "Oh Nick..." Diana said as she wiped the tears away. Then she saw, the Polaroids. 

She smiled. There was one of her and him, then him, her and maverick. So many wonderful memories. Diana hummed. "What you got there?" She heard Tom and She jumped. "Hey hey it's just me." Tom said. "I know, you spooked me you know." Diana said. Tom saw the photos of Goose. 

"This was a gift from Goose, he was going to gift this to me on Graduation but fate had other plans.. Carole gave it to me today." Diana said. "How are you feeling?" Tom asked her. "It's still painful... but I'll manage." Diana said.

"It is... but your going to make it, Ace because you are one of the greatest pilots I know... I am incredibly lucky to be dating one... Goose was always proud of you and you still going to make him proud... how about this.... I go take a shower and we can go watch some tv, just relax." Tom said and she nodded.

He kissed the top of her head and head to the bathroom. 

She looked a the Polaroids and smile.

"I got this..."