XI. Semi-Finals & Lunch

hello :) im currently rewatching ft bc i have a crunchy roll subscription <3 life is good

im a jr in college now, life goes by so fast

anyways, here's the chapter :)

-

-

Reminder of Teams A & B:

Team A:
Lucy
Levy
Juvia
Erza
Kagura
Lisanna

Team B:
Yukino
Mirajane
Cana
Evergreen
Minerva
Wendy

-

-

[Lucy's POV]

"Wendy!" Mine called out, sending Wendy lunging for the ball.

 One of Wendy's greatest skills is how fast she moves, it's like her body cuts through the air. This has been making it especially difficult for us to land a point, since Wendy keeps returning them. Our score was currently 13-19, and we were praying for a miracle. Due to the service change, Wendy was finally moved up to the front, giving our team the advantage.

 "19-13!"Cana jumped and the smack of skin against leather echoed throughout the gym. 

The match had been going on for a while, with long rallies and the entire gym was silent with everyone on the edge of their seats.  

"Got it!" Juvia received the ball well, and it flew straight to Kagura who called out to Lisanna to spike it. Luckily, Lisanna's hit went straight between the blockers' hands, and nobody was quick enough to save it.

"Yes! Nice one, girls!" I shouted, and we all cheered for ourselves. I looked over at Wendy and she looked frustrated that she wasn't in the back, but her smile quickly returned to her face when she saw me. 

"Hehe, I'm a little competitive!" She giggled and put her hands up in defense. 

I laughed and got focused on the next rally as Levy read the new score. We were so gonna win this.

"HELL YEAH!!!" I screamed, during Levy's serve we landed 7 points, bringing us to 20-19.

"C'mon girls, don't get discouraged, we got this!" Mira encouraged all of her teammates.

"You got it, Levy! Go for an ace!" Erza put a hand on her shoulder and smiled.

Even though Erza was being lighthearted, you could see the competitiveness in her eyes.

"Ahaha, sure." Levy nervously laughed and got into her serving stance.

"20-19!" She jumped and sent the ball over the net, it quickly being returned by Evergreen.

"Nice, Ever!" Cana and Elfman screamed, Elfman all the way from the bleachers.

Yukino ended up tossing the ball Ever saved to Cana, who spiked it onto our side.

The next few seconds felt like it was in slow motion. As the moved away from Cana's palm and made its way over the net, all of our eyes followed it. Nobody seemed like they could reach it, but I just saw a flash of red hair and Erza's shout.

The ball went straight back up, and we all cheered, Juvia calling out to me, "Lucy-san, you got it!"

I jumped and used all my force, hoping this would make the game.

I closed my eyes as I fell back on my feet, praying to hear the smack of the ball against the ground.

SMACK!