35. The Overlooked

Derek's Loft

"... They're already here, aren't they ?" Jennifer notices Derek didn't reciprocate the kiss.

You, Scott and Stiles come out of your hiding spot, revealing yourselves to her.

"So, they told you it was me ? That I'm the one taking people ?" Jennifer glared at you, knowing it would take some effort to make him believe her over you.

"We told him you're the one killing people" Scott corrected her, balling his fists in anger.

"Oh, that's right. Committing human sacrifices ? What, cutting their throats ? Yeah, I probably do it on my lunch hour -- that way, I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day. Makes perfect sense" Miss Blake scoffed.

"Where's my dad ?" Stiles tearfully looks to Derek, praying he'd believe the three of you.

"How should I know ?" She finally turns away from your cousin.

"Because you're the one who took him, you delusional psychopath !" You step toe to toe with your ex, refusing to back down.

"Derek, tell me you don't believe this ?" She pleads with him.

"Do you know what happened to Stiles's father ?" His tone of voice comes across as accusatory.

"No !" Jennifer frustratedly tugged her fingers through her brunette hair.

"Ask her why she almost killed Lydia" Scott prompted him.

"Lydia Martin ? I don't know anything about that !" She's losing control of the situation, you know she hates that.

"What do you know ?" Derek folds his arms over his chest.

"I know that these kids, for whatever misguided reason, are filling your head with an absurd story -- And one they can't prove, by the way" Jennifer fought to get him on her side, he wasn't having any of it, he wasn't gonna be fooled by her lies.

"What if we can ?" Scott pulls out a glass vile, containing an unknown powder.

"What is that ?" She knew it could blow her cover.

"My boss told me it's a poison and a cure ... Which means you can use it ... and it can be used against you" McCall unscrews the lid.

"Mistletoe ?" Jennifer muttered, Scott threw the powder on her, revealing her true form to Derek.

"Derek, wait ! Wait ! You need me !" She turned back to normal, he picked her up by the throat.

"What are you ?" Derek squeezed tightly, restricting the flow of air to her lungs.

"The only person who can save your sister ... Call Peter ... Call him !" She taunts, you take out your phone, calling your father.

"It's not good. She's in and out of consciousness, she's vomiting up black blood, along with one other alarming substance ..." Peter informed you.

"Mistletoe" You flicked out your claws, prepared to rip her to shreds, anger and resentment coursing through you.

"How did you know that ?" Peter seems taken aback, you gradually lower your phone from your ear, ending the call.

"Derek ... Derek, what are you doing ?" Scott looks at him alarmed, he tightens his grip on Jennifer's neck.

"Her life ... It's in my hands !" She gasps, taunting him.

"Stop ! Derek, stop !" Stiles wipes the tears from his face, reasoning with your elder cousin.

"Stilinski ... you'll never find him !" She goads Derek to snap and kill her.