31. Currents

Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital

Parking lot

"Ethan ?" You coldly glared at the Alpha, failing to spot Danny in the back seat.

"Can you help me get him inside ?" He unlocked the passenger door, wrapping his arm around Danny to help him out.

"I'm not doing it for you. I'm doing it for him. Don't think this makes me remotely trust you" You adjusted Danny's arm around your shoulder.

"I don't trust you either. I'm doing this for his sake but -- if you get in Kali's way, I'll kill you for her" Ethan kicks the metal ER doors open.

"And I'll be waiting to rip your throat out" You kicked open the front doors of accident and emergency.

"Someone ! Someone help us ! Oh, we need help !" Ethan called to the nurses.

Melissa and Scott come over to the two of you, helping you and Ethan with Danny.

"Okay, gentle ! Gentle ! Gentle !" Melissa instructed the three teenagers helping her.

Between the four of you, you managed to get Danny seated in the waiting room.

"What did you do to him ?" Scott grabs ahold of Ethan's shirt, threatening him.

"Nothing ! He said he was having chest pains and trouble breathing, but it just kept getting worse ..." Ethan held his hands up in surrender.

"This is not good. How much longer on Dr Hilyard ?" Melissa asked the nurse at the front desk, she shrugged in response to her question.

"His larynx has shifted to the side. I think it's a tension pneumothorax" She explained, Danny threw up on the floor, doubling over in pain.

"Mistletoe ..." Ethan mumbled, barley audible but you and Scott heard him.

"Can you go with them, please ? I don't trust Ethan. I don't believe that he didn't do anything. I'm gonna call Lydia and check if she's okay" You rushed out of the front doors of the hospital, desperately dialling Lydia's number.

Martin House / Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital

"Hey" Lydia answered the phone.

"Hey, Lyds, are you okay ? You don't feel ill or anything do you ?" You frantically questioned your best friend.

"I feel fine, Y/N, what's wrong ? ... Why can I hear sirens ?" Lydia heard sirens blaring in the distance.

"Me and Scott are at the hospital with Danny" You informed her.

"What happened ? Is he alright ?" Lydia takes a seat on the edge of her bed.

"I don't know, I needed some air ... I think Ethan had something to do with it. The way he went straight for Danny and Aiden went for you when they got here. Something doesn't quite add up -- That's why I called to see if you were okay" You ranted over the phone, she smiled, knowing you called to check on her.

"That's cute, you know" Lydia teased.

"What's cute ? Nothing about what's going on right now is fine and dandy. Everything is going wrong. Ever since the Alpha's and Deucalion arrived ..." Lydia's gentle laugh caused you to stop your train of thought.

"The way if you think I'm in danger, you always call or come and check on me" She clarified her previous remark.

"I do it because I care about you, Lydia. I will always protect you, okay ? I'm never gonna let anything happen to you. I don't know what I'd do without you" You leant back against the  hood of your car.