Chapter 3: Unexpected Reaction

Fawn's POV:

We are now flying towards the lake and it is very awkward neither of us is willing to talk and I am really nervous because Nyx hasn't talked to me since I talked about her smiling at my place. When we reach the lake, I saw that my friends are already swimming and I no longer felt nervous, I smiled.

"Hey guys! Sorry I'm late." I said to my friends. "Hey Fawn." They all greeted. "Who's behind you?" I completely forgot about Nyx, when I looked behind me I saw her hiding behind a plant. "Oh, she is my newest friend. Ladies say hello to an unexpected person, Nyx!" Then Nyx step out behind the plant and gave my friends an awkward smile then looked at me, and I gave her a smile. Then I slowly looked at my friends and their reactions are priceless all their eyes and mouth are wide open like the time that they first saw Gruff, hehe good memories.

Suddenly someone spoke "Um, Fawn what is Nyx doing here?" Tink ask really confused. "Like I said Tink she is my new unexpected friend" I said proudly to my friends. "Well I'm happy for both of you, sugar" Rosetta said happily. I was surprised because Rosetta usually is the one who complains the most but I guess just with dirt and other thongs that she thinks is gross.

I looked at Nyx and she was just staring at the ground this is also the first time I see her like this but I have to say something to her or she won't move one bit. "Hey Nyx Let's go the day won't last forever you know" I said sheepishly "U-Uh yeah...okay.."

Me and Nyx went in the lake and it was refreshing well I think it was refreshing I don't know about Nyx but I hope she does I really want her to feel welcome to the group. Just then I saw Silvermist staring at Nyx with narrow eyes.

Nyx's POV:

It was nice dipping at the lake and all but it was really awkward since I don't really hang out with friends and I don't know Fawn's friends either and it was especially awkward because of the water fairy that is staring at me really closely I don't know her name but um does she not know that we all can notice her?

"Hey um... Silvermist please stop staring at her it's weird and it's making all of us uncomfortable." The fast-flying fairy said which I also don't know her name I think it's 'Valia' or is it 'Vilia' wait- Vidia! That's right, that's her name. Just then I heard the water girl speak.

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to stare like that, it's just it is very unbelievable that you and Fawn are friends you know since you guys are always on each other's throats- ""Silvermist!" I heard Tinkerbell say angrily "What?" The water girl must be confused on what she has done wrong. Well now that she said that it made the atmosphere awkward especially between me and Fawn.

"Now now sweet hearts, we are all here to have fun not to stress out. Now let's all enjoy our time here at the lake"" Rosetta's right let's just enjoy" One of Fawn's friend said to the other. Just then I saw Fawn walking closer to me. Oh God why are my cheeks burning up? She's just walking towards me but she looks so beautiful. God, I hate this feeling but love it at the same time.

"Hey Nyx sorry about Silvermist, she can be careless about her words" Fawn apologized softly "No it's okay we we're at each other's throats before but we're friends now so there is nothing to apologize for" I said whole heartedly but I felt empty when I said that we're friends I mean I do want us to be friends so why do I feel empty about it? But my thoughts were cut off by Fawn's voice.

"Oh I see" I heard I little sadness in her voice. "Um are you okay? You sounded a little sad did I say something wrong?" I said worriedly.

Fawn's POV:

"Um are you okay? You sounded a little sad did I say something wrong?" She sounded so worried about me did I really sounded sad but I just felt sad when she said that we we're 'friends' now I'm actually happy that we are friends now but I don't really fell happy about it Why? I don't know.

"Hey Fawn are you really okay? Do you feel sick?" I heard Nyx talking "O-Oh no I'm fine..." I said nervously. I hope that my friends aren't hearing our conversation but it looks like that their distracted with their own things I'm glad. "Are you sure? You can tell me now you know" "No I'm really fine Nyx I was just pacing out, thank you for the concern" I said whole heartedly.

"Okay but if you need to talk I'm here for you" My eyes widen and I felt my cheeks and ear burning up and my heart pounding loudly. I looked away from Nyx hoping she didn't see me like that. Why am I feeling this way? Am I really sick? I have many questions in my head that I can answer directly. "U-Um.. yeah o-okay Nyx thank you..." I said still not looking at her way.