Part 7

Jungkook is a pretty good substitute parent, that is what they all learn over that weekend.
Hana gets fed when she's hungry, plays with her toys but also get's to go on a few trips to the park, has a dance party with Hoseok on Friday night, a long nap with Yoongi on both Saturday and Sunday, and has a happy dinner with both Yoongi and Namjoon on Sunday.
Yoongi even offers to take Hana to her preschool on Monday morning so that Jungkook could get to his class on time and after a quick consult with Hyejin, it's all set up.
Seokjin smirks when Yoongi walks in, hand in hand with Hana on Monday morning but lets him go deliver her to Taehyung without any comments.
The problem starts that afternoon when Hana and another student at school get into a fight.
Jungkook's phone rings while he is between classes, and he answers it to Seokjin apologizing profusely.
"I know you are at school, and I'm so sorry but she bit the other student, and I can't get ahold of Hyejin, we need someone to come and get her," Seokjin rushes out.
Jungkook stops in the middle of the sidewalk, stuck, "I really can't leave right now, my next class is really important."
Seokjin sighs, "I know, is there anyone who can come and get her? When does Hyejin get back?"
"She doesn't land until 6 pm. So not for like 5 hours. Do you think Namjoon or Yoongi could get her? I'll try and call Hyejin."
"I can't legally call them as they are not on Hana's pick-up list but keep in touch with me, I have to call the other family," Seokjin hangs up and Jungkook sighs, pulling up his contacts and dialing his sister.
"Jungkook, I can't talk right now I'm in a meeting," Hyejin hisses over the line when she answers.
"Hana got in a fight, and they need someone to pick her up. Can I call Yoongi? I can't miss my next class."
Hyejin gasps, "She what?"
"She got in a fight of some kind, I'll get the full report later, can Yoongi get her?" Jungkook presses, walking again toward his next class.
"Yeah, that's fine, do I need to try and come back early?" Hyejin asks, panic in her voice.
"Noona, Please don't stress too much right now, go back and do your meeting and we will deal with it later," Jungkook reaches the right building and stops outside the door.
Hyejin sighs and nods, even though Jungkook couldn't see her, "Okay, go ahead but call me later."
Jungkook quickly hangs up, calls Yoongi (he agrees to go pick up Hana immediately), and then Seokjin, tells him Yoongi would be there soon. He puts his phone away and walks into class just as the professor stands from his desk.

As soon as his class ends, Jungkook rushes to the school to find out exactly what had happened before going to the apartment.
Yoongi and Hana were sitting at the table in Hyejin's apartment, having what appeared to be a serious talk.
"Hey, Yoongi Hyung, thank you so much for your help," Jungkook quickly joins them at the table.
Yoongi smiles, "It's all good, we were just talking about what happened at school. Hana, want to tell your uncle what happened?"
Hana looks at Jungkook as if she wasn't sure about this idea, and looks at Yoongi for confirmation.
"Hana, I heard a boy was mean to you," Jungkook says, and Hana nods.
"Hun say Hana bad because Hana hav no dad. Hana sad, and bite Hun and he cry's," Hana says with wide eyes.
Jungkook deflates, resting his head on the table.
"What did Taehyung say?" Yoongi asks, pulling Jungkook back into the world.
"By the time he got them, they were both crying, Hana bit the boy hard enough to leave significant bruising and she was physically fine. Both of them had to leave for the day. The other family is really upset."
Yoongi nods, "That's really tough."
Hana looks at both men and then starts to cry.
"Hana, what's wrong?" Jungkook asks, starting to reach for the toddler. He stopped as Yoongi pulled her to him first, patting her back as she cried.
"Some of the other kids said she was in trouble, and she's scared of whatever she thinks that means," Yoongi says, filling Jungkook in.
Jungkook nods, "What do we do now?"
Yoongi looks at the younger man and shrugs, "I have no idea."

Jungkook texts Hyejin the information he had learned and then tells Hana that it's okay she was upset, and Yoongi tells her she doesn't need a daddy to be a good kid. Hana seems to brighten up at that and they all wait for Hyejin to get home.
At seven there's a knock on the door and Jungkook goes to the door, finding a man in a suit.
"Hello?"
"Hello, I'm looking for miss Lim Hyejin?" The man looks past Jungkook into the apartment and he automatically closes the door behind him, blocking the man's view.
"Why are you looking for her?"
"I don't mean to offend, I have paper for her that she needs to sign," The man pulls an envelope from his briefcase.
Jungkook eyes them, "What kind of papers?"
"She's being served in family court."
Jungkook stares at the man in confusion, "By who?"
"I can't disclose any further information without Lim Hyejin present, is she at home?" The elevator bell rings and Hyejin steps out into the hallway, looking exhausted.
Jungkook watches her come down the hallway and sighs, knowing this was the last thing they all needed right now.
"Lim Hyejin?" The man asks as Hyejin gets to the door, giving Jungkook a questioning look.
She nods, "That's me, what's going on?"
The man holds out the folder, "Mr. Lim and Mrs. Oh are serving you in family court, here is all of the information, there's a court date set unless you and a lawyer appeal it."
Hyejin drops the file, and her face turns pale, Jungkook puts an arm around her to support her and quickly raps on the door to get Yoongi's help.
"Thank you for ruining our lives, now leave," Jungkook says, voice dark.
The man bows and turns to leave. Yoongi opens the door a moment later and Jungkook guides Hyejin into the house, gesturing for Yoongi to support her as he grabs his sister's bag and folder.
Hana comes running and Hyejin smiles weakly at the small girl, managing to give her a hug.
"Did you guys talk to her?" Hyejin asks, still dazed.
"We did, I don't think she will do something like that again," Jungkook says, setting down the things he was carrying.
Hyejin nods and sits heavily into a chair, "What did I do to them that they are serving me?"
Jungkook begins to flip through the file, skimming the contents. "They want full custody."
Hyejin's head falls onto the table as sobs take over her body, "They kicked me out because of her!"
"Let me take Hana," Yoongi reaches for the kid, but Jungkook takes her first.
"I think you might be better served here than with Hana," He disappears down the hallway into one of the bedrooms, leaving Yoongi and Hyejin in the kitchen.
"Do you mind if I read this?" Yoongi asks, picking up the file.
Hyejin looks up, "Sure."
"These are your parents, right?" Yoongi asks, "They think this is evidence of neglect?" He snorts at the contents of the file and pulls out his phone.
"Hey, Joon. We can get really good lawyers, right?" Yoongi asks, still looking through the file.
"What did you do? Wait, why am I even asking, you never leave the house."
Yoongi chuckles, "Can you ask one of the legal team at the office about the best family court lawyers? I don't care how much they cost; I need to talk to one like now."
Namjoon is silent for a long moment, "Attorney Park is here, let me go ask him. Stay on the line."
Fifteen minutes later Hyejin's phone rings and Yoongi hangs up with Namjoon as the best family court attorney in the country begins to ask what they needed help with.
Hyejin and Yoongi fill him in on the papers and history and they make an appointment for Hyejin to meet with the attorney the next morning.
Yoongi and Jungkook leave soon after, letting Hyejin and Hana have their evening to themselves.