Chapter 7

I don’t know when I had fallen asleep, but mason shook me awake. My eyes were heavy. I grumbled and tried to ignore him, rolling away from him. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me back into his chest. I clenched my eyes shut and tucked my head into his arm.

“Don’t be like that, its time to eat.” He whispered into my neck.

I hated being woken up!

“If I had a rope, I’d choke you with it!” I snapped, sitting up.

He laughed and I scrunched up my nose. He sat up and hugged me to his chest. I growled and he placed teasing kisses on my face. There was another knock on the door.

“Come in.” I grumbled.

The door slowly squeaked open. Standing there was my younger brother Christos’ soul mate.

“I’m sorry to disrupt you but King Leonidas is having a difficult time calming your mother.” She said in a timid voice.

“Oh, greaaat” I mumbled sarcastically.

She nodded with a blush and scrambled from the room. I flipped my legs over the edge of my bed and hopped down. Mason followed close behind, so close I could feel the heat radiating from his body.

“What do demons even eat?”

“We usually suck off of spiritual energy of others. That’s probably were the succubus and incubus stories came from! It doesn’t have to be sexual, even though that’s when we get the most.”

“Uh, am I eating too?” He said wide eyed.

“Haha, we can eat human food. The king has an obsession with family dinners. You wont be given severed heads, I promise!” I giggled.

“Oh, thank the lord!” He gasped, grabbing at his chest.

“C’mere. I might have clothes that will fit you.” I smiled.

I walked to my closet and swung it open. It was quite large, filled with clothing I’ve accumulated over the past few hundred years. You could say I’m a shopping addict. I have the largest closet throughout the palace. I guess in some sense, I can be quite girly. I stepped through the doors and walked to my dinner attire. I could hear Mason gasp behind me.

“Woah”

I glanced down at his sneakers. He wore a huge pair of black and white Jordan’s. Wow. I only wore a size 5 in mens.

“I don’t think we have the same shoe size…I guess you could wear those.” I mumbled to myself, glancing at the abnormally large shoe difference between us.

He shrugged and nodded with agreement.

I picked out black slacks, a matching under shirt, and a black dress shirt. I handed him the clothes and walked to the accessories. He followed behind silently looking around with awe. I flipped through the silk ties in deep thought. What one? He will look good in anything.

“What’s your favorite color?” I said, snapping him out of his daze.

“Uhm purple, why?”

“P-purple?”

“That’s my favorite too!” I giggled.

He smiled and I handed him a skinny purple silk tie. I smiled back at him. We should match ties! I picked up another purple tie and skipped to the dinner attire section. He chuckled.

“Your so gay!” He laughed.

“Gay? You mean homosexual? As in the Human term?”

“You don’t call same sex couples gay?”