♡ Chapter 34 ♡

Sirens wail as we speed down the road.

Everything around me looked like a blur. The adrenaline clouded my vision as we sped down the highway.

Reese kept a tight grip on the wheel, focusing on the road in front of us, swerving through all of the cars driving which honked.

The police kept attempting to pull us over but with the tail end of my dad's car in view, we couldn't let up on the gas for even a second.

My blood pressure spiked seeing that we were going at 150 miles per hour. I had never driven this fast in my life, but it gave me a rush of energy to my head which I loved.

Once Reese lost yet another officer, he yelled happily, "Those fucking idiots aren't catching up to us. Ever."

The wind whipped my hair around aggressively. I smiled from ear to ear, loving every minute of this.

We're both insane. Not exactly right in the head.

But that's what makes it so much fun.

The engine roars as he increases the speed even more. My dad flies down the highway in front of us, but we're able to see just the end of his car.

We've killed basically all of his army. He used to have hundreds, maybe even thousands of men at his disposal who would do whatever he said.

But now?

We've killed them all. Shot them. Set them on fire. Blew them up. All of his men are now dead or either too scared to side with him.

Because of us.

"Shit," Reese curses, jerking the wheel as somebody tried to block us.

"He can't get out of this alive!" I yell over the wind. "We have him, Reese. He's right there - we really have him!"

We both smile widely, laughing happily. He's right there. As long as we keep following him, he's dead.

I stuck my upper body out of the window. The wind blew my hair back, and I cheered. Life felt unreal moving at this speed.

Reese was smiling while looking at me.

My hair was wild as I got back into the car. I laughed while taming my hair.

My phone rang in my pocket. I pulled it out to check who it was, and my eyebrows lowered.

"Wait..." I say quietly. "Roll the windows up."

Reese does, and looks at me with lowered eyebrows. I answer the phone and put it on speaker.

"Save your breath, dad," I say into the phone. "You're dead the second I catch up to you."

"You have no idea the damage you've caused, Azalea," my dad spits angrily. "You've killed all my fucking men, I have no fucking army now!"

That was the fucking point.

"But, it's okay," he speaks less angrily now. "I had one more trick up my sleeve."

I rolled my eyes. This was checkmate - there was nothing he could do now. No matter how he moved his piece, We. Had. Checkmate.

"See those helicopters?" he says suddenly.

Confusion covers my face. I turn my torso in the seat and look up through the sunroof - and there two helicopters are.

"Helpful billionaire Joesph Blanc tipped them off about a string of murders. A child, that got shot in a drug deal back in November. A sweet boy named Simon. A man named Alec..." my dad spoke into the phone in a satisfied tone. My entire body went numb - it was as if I had jumped into ice cold water. "All of those kills were done by nobody other than Reese Ricci. And those choppers, along with every other car, are now looking for you, Reese."