♡ Chapter 8 ♡

Simon rang my doorbell at 9:00 pm, not a minute late.

I rush down the stairs, nearly falling as I did so. My mom is waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs with crossed arms, "Careful, Azzy."

"Sorry," I smile. "I'll be back home in a few hours."

"Okay. Be safe," she kisses my cheek.

I wear a black leather skirt, with a white shirt. Simon told me that it was a casual party at someone's house, so I didn't wanna overdress and wear a dress and heels. 

I swing my door open and start, "Hey-"

My jaw drops seeing that this man is literally in a tuxedo. 

"Simon," my voice raises an octave and I give him an 'I'm gonna kill you' look. "You said it was casual."

He nods, "And it is. But, Bianca is gonna be there."

He popped his collar when he said that. 

I rolled my eyes with a smile, and stepped out of my house. 

Simon and I have been good friends for years. Honestly, he's probably my closest friend. I sit in the passenger seat, singing along to the song he played with him, but I slowly stopped seeing the house that we were approaching. 

"Um....Simon?" I say while turning down the dial. "Isn't this Max's house?"

"Yea," he nods while the car slows to a stop, my body jerking forward when he puts it in park. "You guys are friends, right?"

The crush that I had on him for years lingered a little in my chest. I spent the past two years idolizing him, looking up to him, smiling like an idiot whenever I was in his presence. I saw him through a glass which was a beautiful shade of rose. 

But the way he grabbed me. Told me I'm not special.

It shattered that glass.

"No. Not really."

We get out of the car at the same time. It's clear Max is throwing this with his parents away, and I knew for a fact he didn't know more than a handful of people here. They spill out into the yard, slurring their drunken words. 

And I thought about how maybe I'd rather be with Reese, than here.

"Lets stick together, okay?" Simon raises his eyebrows at me, speaking over the loud music. "No leaving each other."

I nod with a smile, "Deal."

The music reaches the road, and when we enter the house, it's even louder. It shakes the ground below you, and the lights in the house were dim. Some people sat making out on the living room couches, others leaned against the wall, and others danced. 

I already regretted coming.

"Do you want to drink?" he asks me. I shake my head. "Okay, that's fine. I'm gonna grab one, lets head out to the backyard. I'm choking on BO in here."

The drunken people part for us as we push our way through. Simon grabs a canned vodka drink before we step out into the backyard.

Max's house was the definition of elite. The backyard looked like it went on for miles, and even had a tennis court at the very back. 

The blue pool sat in the middle of the yard, but nobody touched it since it was colder. The blue lights lit up the yard, and the music felt just as loud back here.

We stand together in the grass, before taking a seat on some chairs around a small table. He opens his can and looks around, before quickly turning back around.