♡ Chapter 28 ♡

New Year's day.

Over the past years, I usually spent New Year with Simon. Staying up late, drinking, getting soaked by the sprinklers we had no idea was going to turn on.

And now he lays 6 feet under.

I heard about the funeral. It was all good things. He was kind, sweet, caring, and brave. They had no idea who on earth would ever want to hurt such a kind man.

I sent a condolence card. 

As if I had never killed a single person ever, I smiled as I sat in the living room. I kept tossing a ball that Bubbles would run and go get quickly.

Reese brings over the tray of chocolate-covered strawberries for me that he put into the fridge last night. He also bought me a bottle of champagne that was probably so expensive I'd go into cardiac arrest hearing the price.

He sets the tray down on the living room table, but grabs one of the strawberries. He puts it into my mouth, locking eye contact with me the entire time he did. 

The sweet taste explodes in my mouth as his dark eyes stay on me.

He sits down on the couch, and pulls me onto his lap. I sit sideways on it while he grabs the tray of strawberries and keeps it in his hand while his other holds my lower back.

"Are you going to be my New Years' kiss, Reese?" I say teasingly with a smile.

"Depends," his fingertips move up and down my spine while he puts another strawberry into my mouth. "Do you want it to be more than that?"

My teeth hold my bottom lip for a moment before releasing it. Of course I do, always.

"Hm. I don't know," I tilt my head. "I'm a little sore."

"Sore?" he raises his eyebrows. "Where?"

I shrug, "Everywhere."

His mouth turned up in a smirk. His strong hand runs up my thigh, squeezing it at the top while he asks, "Here?"

His hand moves a little more up, and he asks, "Or, a little more up?"

My body temperature rises. He grabs a strawberry and puts it between his teeth. He moves forward, putting his lips on mine, allowing for me to eat half of the strawberry. I swallow the sweet taste while he kisses me, and I swing one of my legs over him, so that I'm straddling his waist. 

His hands hold my hips as I kiss him deeply. The sound of our lips moving with each other is the only noise besides the violent wind and snow outside. 

Until Reese's phone rings.

"Fuck me," he mutters as he grabs his phone.

His words made me smirk from an idea while he raises his phone to his ear, and asks, "What?"

I slide my hand into his pants, and grab hold of him from over his boxer briefs. 

"Y-yea," he stutters into the phone. Yea, stutters.

I keep smirking at him as I slowly slip my hand into his briefs. It's hard and warm as I grab it, and start moving my hand up and down slowly while he shuts his eyes and leans his head back while keeping the phone at his ear.

"Mhm," he hums into the phone while I move up and down quickly.

"Yea okay bye," he says in less than a second before ending the call and tossing his phone onto the couch.

"God - fuck, Azalea," he curses. "God you're too fucking good at this."

"Who was it?" I ask him while switching to a teasing tone. "Was it your girlfriend?"