Twenty-Four

^^ The Dungeon Merchants Uniform ^^
(Lots of Chatting in this chapter, so enjoy a freebie!)

— Nonith, Southern Wastelands, Anitra —

It didn't surprise me at all that 'Honey' was gobsmacked by the revelations I'd put forward; Muradin was apparently the tight-lipped sort when it suited them, so this seemed like the kind of thing they wouldn't tell people unless they were asked directly. "Anyway, have your existential crisis later: what was Muradin's stupid little deal? I've decided to hear it, even if I can't trust them to keep it."

She blinked a few times, rubbing her face to settle herself, then nodded. "Yes, yes, of course... here, I'll show you their Message."

——————————————————————————
((( Divine Message (Muradin): ... ... ... I see... I think I will do so. I will cap her XP at the Tier she is in, but the Stats will remain only Doubled... and the excess will go to her Order, and maybe her Guild Merchants will get doubled XP as well from dealing with me. That should do... and I'll use some of the excess to pay the 1/3 Tax on her Fusion Magic. That's what I'll offer her, and we'll see her reaction. Do you mind contacting her? )))
——————————————————————————

I snorted softly. "And did the almighty moron give a reason why they thought this was necessary? The reason so important they'd break an oath bound to their soul? I'm pretty sure I already know what they said, but let's see if they lied to you like when they lied to Luxos and scored themselves a little time sleeping on the couch."

She frowned, looking at the screen thoughtfully. "When did they lie to Luxos? Is that why she isn't talking to them?"

"They lied to Luxos about how I came to be dead and then not-dead. She disapproved." I shrugged at her incredulous gaze, accepting the cup of tea from Aron and gesturing at her. "I think she'll need a cup of tea as well soon, dear, if you wouldn't mind?"

"Of course." He bowed crisply, then set about getting a second cup of tea ready while she stared at her screen as it updated.

——————————————————————————
((( Divine Message (Muradin): That is incorrect: I simply did not tell her, because it was a secret. )))
——————————————————————————

"Oh yes, keeping things from your wife: smart." I laughed sarcastically, setting my teacup down onto its little saucer. "You know, for a being capable of so much math, you're pretty stupid when it comes to people."

——————————————————————————
((( Divine Message (Muradin): I cannot argue that, I suppose. For all that I create life, I simply seed it with Pre-Crafted Beings from the USS, so it's true that the inner workings of Humans is still very much a mystery to me. )))
——————————————————————————

"Mm. Regardless, I see your deal, and I disapprove. Your five offerings: 1; XP = Tier, 2; Stat Points Capped at Double Tier, 3; Overflow to Order, 4; Guild Merchants Double XP (no stats), 5; Removal of 1/3 Tax on Fusion. My rebuttal? You'll sign a Geas, and it'll include 1: XP & Stats = Double Tier, 2: Overflow to Order and Familiars and Party Members, 3: Guild Merchants Double XP (no stats), 4: Removal of 1/3 Tax on Fusion, 5: Upgrading Materials from Dungeons by 1 Tier, if 50% Mana Regen is sacrificed for the week following it, accessible to the entire Order. I'm pretty sure the Order will be able to get its feet under itself with that but. Oh, and 6: A FUCKING APOLOGY!!!"