022. AFTER PARTY

Chapter twenty two
"After party."

And that night Tory's mistake was heading back home with her brother and Chad because Troys truck once again broke down as they all had to get out and push it the rest of the way "Im pushing." Troy told them "oh, you better be pushing." Tory and Chad told him front the back "Im pushing!" Troy yelled to them "push harder!" Tory and Chad yelled to him "guys, tree!" Troy yelled as they soon stopped, Chad through his arm around Tory as the three walked to the front to look at her brother "home sweet home." Troy told them as the two glared at him "Im saving for a new fuel pump." Troy informed them.

"Mm hmm. Save faster." Tory and Chad told him as they began heading inside, Troy followed them making it to the back everyone was already having way more fun then they were as they said hi t everyone they passed and as they walked through Zeke and Jason came up to the two of them and Troy "what's up, hoops?" Jason asked "back to back champions." Zeke shared as Tory furrowed her brows "well, technically against the East High Knights. Im a back to back to back to back to. back cheerleader competition winner for East High." she shared as her and Troys dad pulled them over along with Chads.

"Hey, Coach Keller you got a few empty lockers up there at U of A?" Troy and Tory's dad asked as Chads dad talked to him "hopefully not for long." Coach Keller shared as Tory and Troys dad pointed to Chad "Charlie Danforth will suit up for you next season." he shared "front row seat will be fine." Chads dad told the man "I tell you that teamwork I saw out of you guys tonight, that last assist where you gave up the final shot that's the kind of players Im looking for, huh?" Coach Keller asked "and I am now hungry, excuse me." Tory told them ducking out from under her dad and when she was going to head inside to the kitchen to grab some snacks, Rocketman jumped in front of her scaring her "hey, Tory. You know um, Im probably gonna be team captain next year and you know you and Chad are dating so I was wondering if any of the girls on your squad would you know?" Rocketman asked her as Tory moved around him into the kitchen and grabbing a plate.

"Would I know what? I don't understand." Tory told him as she put two cupcakes on her plate "oh, come on, you know!" Rocket man told her as Tory put a brownie in her mouth, taking a bite "date me!" Rocket man informed her as she started coughing on it almost choking as she turned around leaving her plate and walking off "was it something I said?" Rocket Man asked her and as Tory was hiding in her room Chad seemed to find her bringing plates of snacks "well, see you knew enough to bring snacks." Tory shared as Chad laughed shutting the door and walking to sit down on her bed with her "Rocket man asked me to set him up with one of the girls on my team and I started choking." Tory shared as Chad started laughing "he's um.." he was telling her as Tory raised her brows "a bit much?" she asked as Chad nodded "yeah." he told her as the two of them started laughing.

But soon they sighed "we should.." they both began as they laughed again "you first." Chad told her as Tory nodded "I know this is supposed to be a fun night and everything but we should talk about how.." she shared and it seemed Chad already knew what she was going to say as he finished her sentence "how after this year will be going our separate ways." he told her as Tory nodded "everything just went by so fast." she shared as Chad smirked, getting up off the bed he grabbed her iPod shuffle "what are you doing?" Tory asked him as Chad connected it to her speaker and scrolled through the songs, picking one as Just that girl by Drew Seeley started playing.

"Sometimes feels like everybody wants something from me

You don't understand I can only be one person, that's Joey."

Chad then began dancing around as he held his hand out, sliding across the floor making Tory laugh.

"I got game, got fame got everything in this world I needI don't know her name
'Cause I've only met her in my dreams."

He then made it to her, leaning down as he went to kiss her but then quickly leaned away spinning around.

"But I'm gonna find her 'cause she'sJust that girl
The one that's dancing through my mind
Just that girl
The girl that I've been trying to find
Just that girl
Her style's crazy she's a dime
And it's almost like I could see her
She's just that girl."

He was dancing around again as Tory watched him in which Chad turned to her "oh, come on. You're not gonna make you of all people start dancing are you?" he asked her as Tory rolled her eyes and as the next verse came on, she stood up doing a spin.

"Something happens when you groove
Earth beneath you starts to move
It's so bad I'm looking at you
'Cause she's just that girl."

Then the two of them began moving in sync as they moved their arms up and slid past each other.

"Crazy how you work that frame
You and me, we could change the game
What's your secret? What's your name?
That girlTo me you're a star
When you move you're off the charts
You've already won my heart
That girlTo me you're a star
You don't have to play the part
You can be just who you are
'Cause you're just that girl."

Then Chad grabbed Torys hand and spun her towards him as he then spun her back out as they continued dancing together.

"The one that's dancin' through my mind
Just that girl, the girl that I've been tryna find
Just that girl, her style is crazy, she's a dime
And it's almost like I can see her, she's just that girlShe know she's just that girl
She know she's just that girl
That girl baby, just that girlShe know she's just that girl
She know she's just that girl
That girl baby, just that girl."

And then Chad pulled her towards her as he started singing along as he moved in which Tory laughed.

"Just that picture in my mind I see
And I can't wait for the day we meet
Baby, we'd be so fly, baby just you and I
I wanna give you the world 'cause you'reJust that girl, the one that's dancin' through my mind."

Then he spun her back out as the two of them began dancing again as they slid across the floor.

"Just that girl, the girl that I've been tryna find
Just that girl, her style is crazy, she's a dime
And it's almost like I can see her, she's just that girlShe know she's just that girl
She know she's just that girl
Baby, just that girlShe know she's just that girl
She know she's just that girl
Baby, just that girlThe one that's dancin' through my mind
Just that girl, the girl that I've been tryna find
Just that girl, her style is crazy she's a dime
Almost like I can see her, she's just that girlShe's just that girl
Just that girl
Baby, I know that she's the one, one."

And when they ended it the two were facing each other and breathing heavy as Torys mom knocked on the door "Tory, I know you and Chad are in there! It's a party, remember." her mom told them as Tory and Chad laughed breathlessly as they turned grabbing their plates and walking to the door "we were just coming down to get more snacks." Tory told her mom who nodded "yeah, I heard the music." she told her as Chad laughed, Tory began running down the stairs as Chad followed after her in which her mom sighed knowing that wasn't knew "no running in the house!" she yelled but deep down she knew it was useless as she began following after them.