Part 14

© Joanna Bock 2013 All Rights Reserved.

First Draft

CHAPTER 19 continued...

“JOSH are you going to tell me what happened in here today.” Lucas pointed at Josh’s head waiting for him to answer.

“Everything that happened today was about Sarah right?”

“Yeah Josh you are exactly right. It was all about her. I know you are affected worse than normal by what happened today Josh. I just don’t know why. This wasn’t the first time we have faced an adversary and fought yet you’re messed up by it. Why?”

“It’s her Lucas. This is real now and we were not fighting Vampires and Caster’s today Lucas today it was wolves your own kind. You called them to help and they turned on you.”

Josh was louder now growing more anxious by the moment. Lucas stared making it worse like there was more to the story.

“I never called them Josh I rounded up those who were already there. I could smell their scent in the air which meant they could smell ours too. They weren’t there to help us but rather to track and more than likely kill. I would have spared them if I knew they were not there to threaten Sarah.”

“You spared the little one and the other two.”

“The little one was Donia, I wanted to hurt her but she refuse to challenge me Josh. She told me Shane and Shawn had her cornered, some sort of blackmail threat. I didn’t ask and I didn’t care. I wasn’t going to kill my own blood before he had a chance to explain and Kane was defiantly working against the other two before I even got involved.”

“How do you know they were after Sarah?”

“They were tracking us Josh, I called to them so you wouldn’t lead them straight to her.”

“I never would have__” Josh began to protest.

“You did all the right things Josh. You were in the best possible hiding place, high where they couldn’t reach. Your best interests are for Sarah Josh; and for that I am so grateful.”

Josh nodded “Alright, thanks.”

“Is Donia__ um, what happened to her? I mean where did she go?”

“I sent her home with a crap story about what happened today.” Lucas told him. Josh wasn’t convinced she was trust worthy enough to have done it but he had to believe Lucas knew what he was doing.   

“Kyle might have hurt me if I hadn’t anyway.” Lucas mumbled quietly.

“Kyle?” Josh whispered looking around him he couldn’t see anyone out there who might be listening but that didn’t mean there wasn’t anyone either.

“I know he likes her. He has never admitted it but I can see it.”

Of cause he could. Josh thought choosing to keep any further point of view on that subject to him self. Though he didn’t want to commit to one girl, Josh suspected Lucas could see though his own fondness for one or two of his recurring encounters- Like Katarna for example.

“If Kaine or Donia had turned and__”

“Yes.” Lucas cut him off. “Yes I would have killed them too. I wouldn’t want to kill another girl but I have little attachment to Donia. Sarah is my mate and regardless if she is the chosen one I would have killed them to protect her.”