Teach me how to flirt, thirteen.

Chapter thirteen:

Ella’s parents added a taste to the constantly empty house. Ella’s heart was warm due to their family presence, but at the same time, she felt they were aliens.

The sound of the clattering in the kitchen woke Ella up too early for her liking. She stirred and turned before sitting up and rubbing her eyes. The normal morning ritual was followed by the sleeping zombie and when she finally took a shower, her eyes got wider, her stance got straighter and her mind cleared up.

It was like she drank coffee.

When Ella was done with showering and getting dressed, she opened her door slightly and pushed her head out of the door gap, trying to over hear anything her parents were saying.

Luckily, her ears caught on a certain topic that had to do with their next trip. Ella shook her head and fought the tears in her eyes, determined to not cry over this. And then her head was pulled back into the room, and she made it a goal to wait till they finish eating breakfast so that they wouldn’t have to feel obliged to talk to her.

When someone is ‘forced’ to stay in his room, this certain room becomes his nightmare of boredom. Ella found herself yawning nonstop, walking around aimlessly and she even discovered the seven meter crack on the ceiling.

When her mobile vibrated on her desk, she ran towards it with such enthusiasm that her eyes were diluted and her heart was beating wildly.

“Hello” she said happily.

“Hey chika, good morning.” Zack’s deep voice said and Ella’s lips lifted with flirtation.

“Wow, are you still sleeping?” she asked teasingly. Zack’s sigh went through the phone then he said,” yeah, I just woke up.”

She giggled,” awe, you called me first thing in the morning!”

Zack’s slight sleepy chuckle was produced and Ella stood in front of the mirror playing with her red curls.

“Well, look chika; I will come pick you up in an hour or so. My family is really… well, cautious when it comes to girlfriends and so they will analyze your every move. Don’t worry though, they’ll love you.”

Ella’s eyes widened and she felt her heart shake with a little worry and anxiousness. His family was going to judge.

“Um, okay. But what should I wear?” she asked hopefully wishing it would be something simple.

“Well, wear anything you’d like. We’re going to my family’s house and so you don’t need to over dress.”

Ella nodded to herself already forming an outfit in her head.

“Okay babe.” She said.

“Fine, I’ll go to bathe and get ready. Bye chika”

“Bye”

Zach stretched and stood up scratching his lower abs in the process of going to the bathroom. The hot bath was relaxing and very satisfying. And in half an hour, Zachariah was getting dressed.

He was worried. He was anxious. He was excited.

He was feeling lots of feelings that actually shouldn’t have existed. When he introduced his Ex to his family, he wasn’t that nervous. But then, his mind desperate for an explanation, decided that it had something to do with the fact that all of what him and Ella had was fake and he was worried his father discovers the truth.

He was even starting to forget the fact that all they had was pretense.

He tends to lose himself around her a lot these days. Kiss her too passionately or hold her too closely.

The fact that they were fake, didn’t change his excitement in seeing her, talking to her or making out with her.

Today, he was taking her to his family… his father. Who already made it clear that she had become one of his most favorite people. So, even if she goes to the family house naked… they’ll still love her.

Zack examined his figure in the mirror. The white chemise and black pants. Semi formal and perfect around his family.

He dialed Ella’s number as he walked down the stairs. When she replied, he told her to wait for him and he’ll pick her up in five minutes.

When he drove the car to her place, it really didn’t take him more than four minutes maximum. When he horned and waited for Ella, his breath was practically trying to force itself out of his body. But when Ella stepped out of the house, his breath froze and Zack seriously and genuinely believed that he died for a second.

Her red curls were wild, as in sexy wild. Not if-I–put- my- fingers- in- there- it–will- get- stuck wild.

Her eyes were traced with a black liner and her lips were naturally pink and looked so shimmery with the sun on them. The simple knee length white dress she had on was absolutely gorgeous, hugging her curves and leaving a lot to imagination but enough for you to wish you knew what was under there.

When she flashed him a smile, he swears he kind of peed.

Okay, this is seriously going somewhere, and he couldn’t be so selfish and fall for her.

After all, all they have is a mutual deal. A deal that says that she teaches him how to flirt as long as he makes her EX jealous.

But, now, her EX is really an ex by getting a new girlfriend. And the deal became that of her side only. Yesterday when she asked him about whether the deal was off or not just because Noah was not in the picture no more, he denied the fact that his breath hitched and he wished he could slash out at her and admit the fact that he couldn’t stop the deal just yet.

But now the shock of how she looked like didn’t really change the way he looked at her because she wasn’t doing anything new with herself. She didn’t put too much makeup or curl her hair extra this time. She didn’t add lip gloss or chose an extremely short white see through dress.

She was the same as she had always been; the difference is that this time, rather than Zack’s eyes looking,

His heart was finally marveling.