Chapter 19

As expected, we got kicked out by His Majesty.

Napatingin ako kay Odhran, para siyang napalo na tuta, fidgeting his fingers while eyeing at the ground. I crouched down to match the kid's level. He won't look up at me.

"Sorry for disappointing you Odhran..." Marahang hinimas ko ang ulo niya. Umiling siya saka sa wakas ay tumingin sa akin, his eyes were clouded by tears but still holding himself and trying so hard not to cry.

"Hmm!" He nodded.

"That's my man!" I tapped his shoulder.

That pigassed Fisk! I swear may araw ka din sa anak mo. Magkahawak ang kamay namin ni Odhran habang naglalakad sa gitna ng napakalawak na hardin habang papunta kami sa palasyo niya. For him not to be sad ay kinikuwentuhan ko siya ng mga bagay bagay. Kagaya na lamang ng business and demands, inflation rate, stocks exchange, GDP and whatnot dahil habang bata pa ay kailangan niyang maging business minded, money are making the world go round.

"Now that you know how money works, what do you want to be when you grow up?"

"Me? Maging hotdog!" Masaya niyang wika. Saglit na natameme ako hindi ko din mapigilan na humagalpak na tawa maya maya.

"From where did you hear it?"

"From the Empress yourself." Inosente niyang sabi. Napamaang ako. Did I ever say that?

"Don't you wanna be like the Emperor himself? You'll rule a whole Empire and guide your people." I said without ruining his dream to become a hotdog someday.

"If I'll be alone like the Emperor then I don't want to." Odhran said. Saglit na napatitig ako sa kanya. I never expected this child's answer. He's not the naive kid that I presumed he is. He knows what Fisk's going through and he's afraid to be like him.

"But his majesty is not alone though, he has you...and me. Don't worry, next time I'll make sure that the Emperor will seek you himself." Pinisil ko ang maliit niyang kamay.

A kid is shapeless water that takes form after its bottle. They're still just a piece of the picture in an undone collage, a one-piece puzzle. What I mean is that kids are good at imitating, habang hindi pa nila alam kung anong gusto nila maging, they will take the shape and form of the people that surround them.

Odhran needs to be shaped as 'good' and for that to happen he needs a better environment. Si Fisk lang naman ang bad influence sa pamilyang ito. Kung patalsikin ko na kaya siya sa puwesto niya?

With that, I remember na tama nga ang hinala ni Fisk sa akin. I too am sent here to either be a sacrificial lamb or the one who kills the Emperor. I'm sure that there's someone higher that can counter both the Emperor and me holding my father's back. They're planning a rebellion, a coup d' etat against the Emperor.

Matapos kong ihatid si Odhran sa palasyo niya ay agad kong pinatawag si Ruth.

I want her to investigate something dangerous that she willingly took care of.

Anong ginawa ni Fisk sa emperyong ito para gusto nila itong patalsikin? I could see that he's spending his time managing this empire.

"Lady Waylen? Did you know who the first Empress was? I mean the one who married His Majesty Fisk Laquerriere." I asked Ezra who's currently tending my hair cause I'm going to bed, sumasakit ang ulo ko sa kakaisip.

"Hmm. It's highly confidential and only Emperor Fisk and his few people knows about it. However Empress, rumors has it said that it is a lady of a poor nobility from the Witzlar City." Napakunot ang noo ko sa tinuran niya, if it is Witzlar, hindi ba diyan galing ang buong pamilya ni Pfeiffer, the Rosenbergs.

"You had it shuffled Ezra." Lady Arcelin Georgeton entered with some linen.

"Whatever rumors are just rumors, but mind if you share them with us?" Ani Ezra.

"I heard that the Emperor, when he was still a prince, was in love with a lady from the East of Geissen Empire, in the Witzlar City. Pero nang maging emperor siya ay napilitan siyang ipakasal sa anak ng isang marquis however that woman died after their wedding night. Then comes a woman that everyone believes is the Emperor's true love and his highness the crown prince's mother, but then again she died after giving birth to Prince Odhran, yan ang sabi nila."

Napahilot ako ng sentido sa bali balikong chismis. They even argued how many women the Emperor already knot a tie with, in front of me, the current Emperor's wife.

If all of that were true, ano naman ngayon ang pakialam ko diba? Let me sleep. Just give me a break. I shut my eyes closed after the servants left me.

An ocean would be nice to see...

Napadilat ako ng mata nang marinig ko ang hampas ng alon sa tabing baybayin. Napakunot ang noo ko nang makita ko ang mga nagnining ning na bituin sa kalangitan like I'm eyeing at a galaxy itself. What is this?

Mabilis akong naupo only to feel the sands on the palm of my hands. Kinumos ko iyon at unti unting pinakawalan mula sa kamay ko, it is really sand!

Is this perhaps a dream?

Tumayo lahat ng balahibo ko sa katawan ng tumama sa balat ko ang malamig na hangin. I'm still wearing these thin pajamas. What the hell is happening? Where am I? Sandali pa ay dinapuan na ako ng takot nang mapagtanto kong walang kahit anong bahay o beach house sa paligid.

Nangiginig ang mga paang nilakad ko ang buhanginan. With the surroundings illuminated by the bright moon, I was astonished to see the glowing blue coast, a bioluminescent sea. Nasipatan ng mga mata ko ang isang bulto ng tao na nakatayo't nakaharap sa dalampasigan. With his soft black hair flying freely with the wind, and his bright eyes falling on mine, I was petrified. Just like a fairytale I was mesmerized, enchanted.

Parang may mainit na likidong tumulo sa dibdib ko na siyang dahilan para dumaloy ng mabilis ang dugo ko sa bawat parte ng katawan ko making its way to my heart that now beats faster than before, ramdam ko din malalakas na pagpintig ng ugat ko sa leeg para makaramdam ako ng pagkabingi.

What is happening just now?

"What are you doing here?" Matigas at seryosong tanong niya sa akin. Napabuntong hininga nalang ako dahil yan din sana ang tanong ko sa sarili ko at sa kanya.

If I remembered the map correctly, ang karagatan ay malayo sa emperyo bagkus nakapalibot pa nga ito sa buong kontinente.

"I think I'm having a good dream just now." Wala sa sarili kong banggit, cause Im still freaking bewildered at the moment.

"Yeah, this is rather just a dream. Better not forget this moment once you wake up, Pfeiffer Rosenberg." Kalmado niyang sabi then he reached out his hand that I confusingly took.

His palm is big and my hand just completely fits it. Ginabayan niya ako patungo sa tubig making my feet wet with the calm splash of glowing blue waves. I thought this thing is harmful to humans when you come in contact with it, but nothing happens to me though. This must be a dream.

"You really are weird, Empress." Aniya habang kalmado ang muka na nakatingin sa akin, a face that he never showed me before. Ahh, I want to take a picture of it...

Napangiti ako nang hindi niya padin binibitawan ang isa kong kamay, inangat niya pa iyon para mabalanse ang pagtayo ko at hindi mabuwal ng alon.

"The Emperor is weird too, but I adore it."