Chapter 18

Malalaki ang mga hakbang na tinungo ko ang aking tanggapan pagkatapos kong magbihis at magayos ng sarili sa tulong nila Arcelin at Ezra.

"Are you sure that she hasn't forgotten it yet?"

"That child is naive, I'm sure she'll do well for us."

Napatigil ako sa pagpihit ng door knob. I scoffed in disbelief, sigurado akong si Pfeiffer ang tinutukoy nila. Malakas na sinipa ko ang pintuan matapos kong pihitin ang knob, may awa pa naman ako sa paa ko. Bumukas iyon ng malaki kaya nagulat sila nang mapatingin sa akin. Napangisi ako.

So it is them. 

My precious family who had forsaken me many years ago. Count Pierre Rosenberg, his wife Countess Vanesse, and their youngest favorite daughter, Rosalin Rosenberg looking as innocent as always, ito ang unang tumayo nang makita ako. 

"Sister Pfeiffer! I'm glad to see sister again!" Rosalin cheerfully come and hugged me. Tumayo lang ako na parang kahoy habang may nakalingkis sa akin na ahas. She then hold my hands after hugging me like she was the happiest sister now that she got to meet me again. 

"How was sister doing while away from us? Are you happy now that you've got the chance to marry the Emperor of the Geissen Empire?" I remain stoic as I look at her smiling so carefreely. 

This is the woman Pfeiffer envied the most, her little sister. Just like Pfieffer, Rosalin also has blonde hair but inherits the blue eyes of her mother, countess Vanesse. She is the main reason why I got to married to that odd Emperor. 

"Just like you said I am now the Emperor's wife, basically the Empress of this Empire. Mind your manners Lady Rosalin." seryoso kong sabi.

"O-oh...Pardon me sis--your majesty..." she curtsy and seems to be discouraged. Mukang hindi naman iyon nagustuhan ng magasawa. Am I treating their daughter harshly for them to look at me like that? 

"So now you've become arrogant aren't you?" The countess faced me with her head high up. Tumaas ang isang sulok ng labi ko. These are the parents Pfieffer was so afraid to look at. Every time these people are around,  Pfeiffer always had her eyes on the ground, nakatungo, balisa at walang kumpiyansa sa sarili. The high and mighty parents she thought they were, are just normal people to me, they are nothing but sore in the eyes.

"I got this from the count and countess, since you are my parents."

Magsasalita pa sana ang countess ng pangrebutt niya when the count gets our attention.

"I formally greet the Empress of this Empire. Pardon this count for the late notice, Your Majesty." So he knows how to change the atmosphere. I sat down in front of them. 

"It must be urgent, what must be the reason for this urgency?" I calmly said. I need to beware of these people, they are one of the reasons why Pfieffer easily surrendered her life before Roshein Lauenstein, it is because of these people who unreasonably mistreated her as far as I could remember. 

Biglang nandilim ang muka ng Count Pierre Rosenberg. Well, I won't be afraid anymore since I am not your daughter, I may be inside her body but I still can control my own emotions. I dare to face these people that the real Pfieffer lacked.

"Pfieffer. Ngayong nakaupo ka na sa trono, umpisahan mo na ang misyon na binigay namin sa 'yo. You haven't forgotten it, have you?" napakunot ang noo ko sa sinabi ng Count. I took a glimpse at the countess and Rosalin who now looks confused, this woman does act like an innocent evil. 

"What If I were to tell you that I had forgotten about it, what would you do, father?" 

"I will make sure to strip you off with that power and authority you have now." seryoso niyang sabi. Napakuyom ako ng kamao, this man maybe just a count, but to have such courage to warn an Empress such I, he has someone higher backing him up that could go even against me or the Emperor.