Shower.

Hopper looked down at his watch, 2:38 in the morning, he sighed and shook his head focusing back on the road ahead of him, he had a long shift today at the station leaving in the morning early and only now heading home.

He looked around him at the empty roads, Iluminated only by the moonlight and the lights of his truck, he listened to the radio crooking out some melody as he drove followed by the sound of the trucks heater, it was chilling outside, he almost froze in this night having forgotten his jacked at home, gratefully the station had heating too.

He hummed along with the tune, driving aware of the awfully empty road leading him home. Home, their home, his and Joyce's.

He smiled to himself thinking of coming home to Joyce, she most likely would be asleep by now, she had grown accustomed to his late night shifts, but he still was content to get to come home to her,

To come home to his wife, he grinned impossibly wider as he thought about it, despite so many years of being married he still dwelled on it as much as he could, he loved her and that would never wager, no matter what.

He exhaled a breath of happiness and relief as he spotted the house, pulling in its driveway by Joyce's car, then stepping out of the truck into the bitter cold, he had an high tolerance to the cold so it didnt bother him as much, but he sure loved being warm aswell.

He locked the truck and fished out his keys, unlocking the door and stepping into the house, being greeted with a dark, warm, quiet house, only a dim light being left in the kitchen, he made his way over to it, closing the door behind himself carefully.

"Dinners in the fridge if you want to eat.

Love you. ♡"

He smiled like a teenager at the little note on the counter, eyes lingering on the little heart with love, being able to see the erasing of pencil under it, as if she tried to redo it until it became perfect.

He chuckled and picked up the note, ripping it so the 'love you' part and the heart separated from the rest and folded it carefully, storing it into his back pocket.

Joyce had called him an idiot many times for keeping those parts of her notes, but he didnt care, he loved reading back on them whenever he could, even if she assured him she would say that she loved him as many times as he needed, he still loved those little note gestures, and how despite arguing that it was dumb she kept writing it down on the notes.

He looked through the fridge and fished out a plate cover by another one, taking the top one off to reveal some food Joyce had cooked.

He placed it in the microwave carefully, trying to make the least of noise not to wake up Joyce, who was probably sleeping in their room.

He stopped, as he heard faint footsteps echoing down to the kitchen, he sighed knowing he had woken her up. He heard a faint creek from the door and quickly made his way to it, opening it completly, finding a half asleep Joyce by the doorway.

"Hey." She smiled once she spotted him and he approached her, hands coming to cup her cheeks, his lips mirroring her smile.

"Hey," He gave her a quick peck on the lips and then spoke once again "You should go back to sleep Joy. I'm just gonna take a eat and take a shower then I'll be there." She pouted and latched onto him.

"Can't you just come to bed already?" She buried her head in his chest, sighing.

"I'd love too, but I sme like shit." He laughed, she simply shook her head and gripped onto him harder.

"Joyce, cmon, I'm gonna take more time like this," He grabbed her head, hands cupping her cheeks again "Just go to bed okay? I'll be there in a while." He kissed her forehead and she sighed then let him go.