Chapter Five

Another week has gone by and I was still waiting for the next letter from John. I wrote back to him the next day after receiving the first letter I got from him. I wish he was back home already. I know I can keep saying how much I miss him, but I know it won't change anything, but even still I will continue to do so.

Today was the day I was suppose to be meeting Lucy for a lunch date so that we could pick out our dresses for the Halloween ball next week and we were also suppose to start decorating tonight too instead of working on the floor as hosts and table busters. I was actually excited about this. I laid in my bed and grabbed my phone from my nightstand and texted Lucy to see if she still wanted to go to the place for lunch or if she decided on something else for lunch.

I heard my phone ding as I reached it and grabbed it off my nightstand. She just wanted to do something simple for lunch and that she had some news to tell me. I could only imagine the man she was with left her. It happened to her more often then you'd think. They only liked her for her looks and nothing more, but at the same time she knew what those men wanted so she played right along with them. She was always really good at knowing what men wanted the most and desired the most. She was a big flirt most of the time.

I sat up in my bed and slowly got up and made my way to my dresser. I looked outside and it was cloudy out and it looked like it was about to rain. I went with a simple red sweater and some blue jeans and put my hair up in a ponytail and made my way out the door making sure to bring my umbrella with me. We decided on going to the caffe that had only been a few blocks from me.

I made the walk there and noticed she was there at the entrance waiting for me. She gave me a warm smile as we both walked in and took our seats. The place wasn't very busy at all but I did take almost 15 minutes for the waiter come over and help us I could tell that they were short staffed seeing there was only one cook and one server. Lucy decided to go with a salad I however went with the steak sandwich because they always had the best steak sandwiches there but Lucy always loved their salads and I have to admit I took a bite of her salad and almost thought about ordering one but I didn't know when we would ever come back here so I got a steak sandwich.

Her and I were trying to discuss how we wanted to decorate the ballroom for the Halloween Ball and the colors we went with had been black, red, silver, and gold. Those were good color choices and we both agreed. We both finished our lunch and paid our meal and left. With the ball now being two weeks away, we decided to go dress shopping shortly after our lunch.

There was this one place in town were mostly everyone went for dresses for any occasion, weather it was prom, homecoming, weddings, parties, you name it. It was a 3 floor dress store. First floor was wedding dresses. Second floor was prom and homecoming and the third floor was for any occasion. It was a mix of dresses, not like the first two floors, but it was a mix of cocktail dresses, ball gown dresses, and simple dresses, but they had their Halloween dresses out at well. Not the costume kind, but the ones you could wear to a masquerade or event.

Lucy right away found a pink and black dress with a gold and diamond gypsy mask. It was beautiful. Both would definitely bring out her orange curly hair and deep emerald green eyes.

I knew she would definitely look like a goddess in that dress with the Gypsy looking mask

I knew she would definitely look like a goddess in that dress with the Gypsy looking mask. I however was having the worst luck finding a dress and a mask. Unfortunately I wasn't too much girly like Lucy, so it was hard for me to pick anything out really along with dresses. I was about to give up when I found a red dress with black ontop and the mid section was embroidered with shinning beads. I also found a mask that would cover my entire face. It had a hint of cold color to it and it had a beautiful design. "Oh Mina, you're absolutely going to look beautiful.!" She shouted and I gave her a smile. "I could say the same about you!"

We both went into the changing rooms and tried them on

We both went into the changing rooms and tried them on. Amazing enough the dresses fit us. After we took them off, we took them to the counter to purchase them along with the masks. "Mina, do you plan on getting your hair done?" She asked me and I never even gave that a thought. "I'm not sure." I said. "Well we should get our hair done, it is a ball and we will be working the event, we should impress." She said with a smile. I shook my head and agreed. Although I was happy to have this day with her, John was heavily on my mind.

I've also wondered if he lied about going on a trip for work and he actually wanted to get away from me. I have thought about that for a couple of days now. We literally went from talking and calling to writing letters within a short period of time.