Chapter Two

I decided to go with a simple look for the club tonight. I braided my hair and then put it into a bun. After that I put a light blue tank top on with some dark blue jean shorts. Last out not least a little bit of mascara and eyeliner. I really wasn't trying to make myself look like I'm out for attention from other guys since I'm with John. I haven't had an issue yet.

I peeked down at my phone wondering if John had called or messaged me while I still had time to talk, and as I looked down, there was nothing yet. I knew that if he had tried calling me or texting me, it would've been from an unusual number since he went out of the states. I quickly put my phone into my picked as I opened up the door and closed it behind me. I walked down one block where I'd usually walk to get a cab to the club.

I tried a few times before one finally pulled over and I jumped in. "Where to Miss?" The gentlemen asked politely. "My usual" I said. He was always my driver most of the time so he knew where to take me most of the time. We had locked out because we had just beaten rush hour for shift change for most jobs out there. We got to the club pretty quickly for avoiding rush hour and I gave him a $20 tip plus the money I owed for him taking me. I always tipped him as much as I could. He is the best driver in this city.

I let out a sigh as I walked through the door. It wasn't very busy just yet. Usually 10pm is when things really started to pick up. I went into the employee locker room and went to my locker. All of us employees got to have our own locker and they were pretty huge too. I opened mine up to grab my name tag and my apron and made my way to the time clock. I quickly put my apron and name badge on and punched in. When I walked out, there had been numerous tables that needed to be cleaned.

I shook my head and smiled to myself. Lucy was late again. It wasn't really her fault. She lived only a half hour away, but if you get caught in rush hour, it will always make you late. That's why none of the management will fire any of us. I started cleaning up the first two town of tables and on my last one in the second row when I heard Lucy walk in. "Mina!" She shout with excitement. I gave her a smile. It was always such a joy to work with her.

We both went to work on the dirty tables until management came out and announced that all of us come to the ballroom. Yes this club had a giant ballroom. It was hardly used though except for meetings and announcements. No wonder there were so many empty tables. There was a meeting after all. They close the club temporarily sometimes for these reasons. Rachel or main boss and Corina 2nd in charge stood infront of the entire staff and waiting for everyone to come in.

"Thanks everyone for coming" Rachel started and then Corina took over. " As you all know we use use this room for weddings, parties, and meetings, next month we got selected to host a masquerade ball. He asked that nobody including us know who he is and that his 2nd in charge will be taking care of everything and his 2nd in charge is Igor. Lucy and I bursted out laughing as did some of the other staff members.

"ENOUGH!" Corine shouted as everyone came to a stop. "Now as I continue with this meeting, I expect all of you not to laugh at his name ever again." She says looking around to make sure there wasn't anyone else laughing or smiling. "This room will need to be spotless, more spotless than it usually is for wedding and parties and it needs to be decorated perfectly. Mina, Lucy, and Tracy, all 3 of you will be doing the cleaning here since you're the only ones I can expect to do more here." She said and then babbled on about what ones were going to decorate, cook, do the dishes and clean up afterwards, and who's going to be pre-making all the mixed drinks and do all of the desserts. "Also Mina, Lucy, and Tracy, your job for the ball is to help people find seating and assist them in any way as Rachel and I will not be there that night, we will be out of state for a business meeting so I expect every single one of you to do your jobs as expected. Also, for anyone not working with any food that night, I expect you to dress to impress and with that I declare this meeting over and you all can go now." Corine said as she and Rachel walked out.

Lucy and I walked back into the club area and resumed what we had been doing as we talked about how we were going to clean the ballroom and what we were going to wear. As we continued talking and doing out job, a handsome looking gentleman walked into the club. He had light brown curly hair and green eyes. He wore a gray v neck shirt with tan shorts and brown shoes. Immediately Lucy looked over and smiled. She's always one to go for the lookers. I watched her walk over to him as they both sat at the bar talking as they ordered a round of drinks. She looked over at me and I gave her a wink letting her know I'd cover her so she could flirt a little.

It's been 3 hours now and they still were sitting there. It was making me think about how much I miss my John. It hasn't even been a day yet and I'm already missing him. I stopped cleaning for a min to pull out my phone to see if I got any messages from John, and to my surprise there was none. Normally he messages me when he's made it safely. I sighed putting my phone back into my pocket thinking he made it safely and thought he was just too exhausted to message me. I finished cleaning up the last of the tables before walking over to the bar to see how Lucy and her boy toy were doing.

"So how are things going between the two of you?" I asked as Lucy started laughing. "It's going good Mina. His name is Archer. Archer this is Mina, my best friend." She said excitedly. He gave me a warm smile as we shook hands. "Pleasure to meet you Mina." He says. I have a smile back. "Well I'm heading home, you two have a good night" I say walking away. The two of them really seemed to have hit it off tonight.

I took my apron off and tossed it into the hamper grabbing my jacket as I exited out the door. It was after midnight and there usually wasn't much for cabs at all. I usually had to walk down a block or two. You'd think with a club as busy as mine, there's be at least a few cabs around, but that's not how it is here. Not in my city anyways. I waved for one as soon as I seen one coming as it stopped. I recognized the numbers and realized it was the same guy who always took me to the club. I got in and he drove me home.

As I got out of the cab and gave him the cash I owed him, plus the usual high tip, I walked into my apartment. I took my coat off and hung it up as I took my phone out of my pocket and checked it to see if John had sent me anything and still nothing. Again I sighed as I got ready for bed. Hoping I hear from him tomorrow I say in my head as I shut my eyes.