Chapter One

My alarm was going off and I didn't want to get out of bed. John was still sleeping so I decided to hit the snooze button on my phone and I fell back asleep. It was a late night at the club last night and Lucy and I didn't get out until 2 am this morning. Wedding nights were usually long nights, but this one in particular took forever because a fight broke out.

My alarm went off again and this time I had to get out of bed. I worked at the library 4 days out of the week and it was just something that I enjoyed. It was a lot more relaxing than working at the club, but every job has its pros and cons. My job was to check in and check out library books and to put back books where they belonged. Almost always there were books placed in the wrong spots and so that was mother part of my job.

I sat up slowly in my bed yawning and stretching my arms as I got up. I looked over at John knowing that today was the day he was flying out of the county to do some landscaping over in  Romania. His job requires him to travel very often so I didn't really get to see too much of him. He did promise me that after we get married, he would settle down more and do small jobs within our town so he could be here most of the time when we started a family. Kids were something we've always wanted, but we wanted to be married before any of that happened.

I made my way down the stairs and got the coffee pot going. I decided on a simple breakfast because John was going to be up soon. Eggs and bacon and it was. I began cooking the bacon first and then the eggs. I also seen we had a few slices of bread left and I decided to make use some toast. We pretty much were already living like we were married. While the eggs and bacon were cooking, I quickly put two plates, silverware, and cups onto the table. I then grabbed out the orange juice and poured us some. I quickly went back to the eggs and bacon and they were don't cooking.

I picked up the pan of bacon placing two slices each onto our plates and then put our eggs onto the plate. He liked his scrambled while I liked mine over easy. As I set the dirty pans in the sink, John walked into the kitchen with a big smile on his face. "Well good morning beautiful. Your cooking always smells delicious." He said as he walked up and kissed me. "So how long to you think you'll be gone for this time?" I asked. He gave me a sad look. "I'll be there for a month Mina. I was only hoping to be there for two weeks, but the man who hired our team, he owns a lot of property and it could take more than two weeks. I promise we will get married when I come back. I promise this is my last big project and then I'm yours for the rest of our lives" he said pulling me into a hug as we kissed again.

"Well I have to hurry and eat. I woke up a little late this morning and those books won't put themselves away." I said with a smile. We both sat down and ate and talked about how we wanted to do our wedding and what we wanted for food and beverages and who to invite. John didn't have much for family and I on the other hand had Lucy's family. They took me when when my parents died from a car crash when I was 3. I don't remember much about my parents but they were really close with Lucy's parents and we had always had play dates when we were that age.

We finished our breakfast and as John went to go grab his suitcase, I went and got ready for work. There wasn't much I had to do to get ready though. All I had to do was change into my shirt that said "Welkman's Library" on it and into some jeans. The only job I really had to dress up for was the club. After I got changed I went by John and we kissed and hugged as much as he could before his taxi pulled up to take him to the airport.

I watched him get into the taxi and watched him leave in it. A wave a sadness washed over me as I knew this was going to be a very long month. John left it up to me to plan everything for the wedding since he'll be gone for a month and we were getting married as soon as he got back. There were a few things he mentioned that he wanted for our wedding which of course wasn't an issue.

I quickly put my shoes on and headed out the door. The library was only 5 blocks away so it was always an easy walk for me. When I got there, there had been piles upon piles of books to put away and I knew this was going to be a very long night. I sighed and slowly started putting the books away while watching for guests that came in.

It was now 3pm and I started at 7am and I only got half of the pile out away. It was unusually busy for a Friday afternoon. I decided to stay after hours to finish putting the books away and so got done at 5pm. I smiled at myself for getting all of those books put away. I had to work at the club tonight which was always a blast, but it wasn't as calming and relaxing as the library.

I began closing up the library by shutting off all the lights off except for the one in the back entrance where the employees came in and out. After that I locked the doors behind me and began my walk home. I only had an hour before I began my shift at the night club. It didn't give me much time to get home and get ready.