20. ❝ jealousy ❞ ✰

IT WAS ANOTHER day on set and the cast just finished up filming a school scene. sanayah, becca and liv were leaning against the lockers, talking amongst themselves. "do you guys think he actually likes me? like he's not just playing around, right? it's only been a couple of days," nayah asked for the hundredth time.

"yes, nayah. it's like 'love at first sight'. mason sent me all the screenshots of him talking about you in the boy's group chat. trust me, he one hundred and ten percent likes you," liv rubbed her shoulder. "i don't know. it's just weird because he hasn't been texting me," nayah shook her head, sighing.

"it's because you make him nervous. he told me that," becca nodded, smiling. "he told you that?" liv leaned forward, her eyebrows furrowed as she looked at becca. she nodded slowly. "maybe you should try texting him first. if he doesn't respond, i'll cut his hair off when he's sleeping," liv gave nayah a tight-lipped smile.

nayah and becca burst out into laughter. "okay, yeah, good idea. i'll text him when my dad gives me my phone back," nayah took a deep breath and nodded. "why don't you have your phone?" liv asked. "we're not supposed to have phones on set since this movie is based in 1978," nayah explained.

liv's eyes widened before she slowly pulled her phone out of her back jean pocket, staring at it in horror. nayah and becca burst out into laughter once again. "it's fine. just make sure my dad doesn't see it," nayah told her between giggles. liv nodded, putting her phone back in her pocket before pulling her sweater down.

"they can't fire me. this movie would be nothing without me," liv playfully flipped her hair and crossed her arms. "so true, liv," becca high-fived her. "my dad loves your acting. he wouldn't fire you if you murdered everyone on set," nayah smirked. "i'm just that bitch," liv shrugged.

liv's eyes widened again as she noticed a tall darkskin kid with dreads walking up to them. "woah... who is that?" she asked in amazement. "probably just another extra," nayah shrugged, engaging back into her conversation with becca. "hey, you're olivia aoki, right?" he smiled at her, revealing braces on his teeth.
liv's jaw was already on the ground when he started walking up to her and now that he was speaking to her, she wanted to scream.

nayah shoved liv's shoulder lightly. "oh, yeah! i— i'm olivia," she nodded quickly, forcing the words out of her mouth as she looked up at him. "i'm chris, it's good to meet you," he greeted her. "yeah, you too," she smiled. "i was wondering if i could get your number or something? i think you're really cute," he gave her another warm smile.

liv froze up as she tried to think of something to say. becca rolled her eyes and grabbed liv's phone out of her jean pocket. she did the face id before liv could even process what was happening and opened her contacts, handing the phone to chris. "thanks," he nodded at becca, typing in his information.

all of a sudden, an arm was thrown around liv's waist and her phone was snatched out of chris' grip. she looked up and found mason glaring at chris and let out a small gasp. "hey, liv, scott wants us to read over our lines together real quick," he told her, not looking at her face at all and just continued to glare at chris.

"again? we already did that this morning, though," she mumbled and shook her head, furrowing her eyebrows. "we're doing it again, though. come on," he put liv's phone in his jean pocket instead of giving it back to her and lead her away from everyone. "but—" she turned back, pleading becca and nayah to say something, but they were just laughing.

he brought her outside where no one was, finally letting go of her waist. "what is your problem?" she scoffed, grabbing her phone back. "what? i don't have a problem," he crossed his arms. "really?" she sneered. "who was that guy? why are you talking to him on set?" he asked her. "what do you mean? are you calling me unprofessional? a slut?" she blurted out.