𝑭𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒚-𝒐𝒏𝒆.

Sabine

Summer vacation on a yacht in Ibiza, a dream come true. I feel blessed when I take a sip from the cold cocktail in my hand and look through my sunglasses to the sight of my best friend being too adorable with her boyfriend while teasing each other on the edge of the boat.

They are made for each other, everyone can see that. Since Lando came into Ophelia's life she's been bolder and braver than I've ever known her. She blossomed with him by her side, became confident and such a strong person. Not that she wasn't before, but he brought out the best in her. It's amazing.

The last few weeks had been hard on them. I felt horrible as a friend that I couldn't do anything more than just talk to her. Ashley and I had posted in turns if she was okay, something that was quite needed as Lia has a tendency to waste away in sorrow when something bad happens.

A couple of days ago they posted the most adorable picture on Instagram to take their relationship public. Lia was so scared, but we forbade her to look at the comments or anything until the end of our holiday, which has worked so far with all of us playing police. I'm just proud of her and want her to be happy, which she is at the moment.

I smile to myself as I watch Lando pick Ophelia up and walk to the edge to throw her in the water. He jumps after her, disappearing from my view. "They make me want to vomit sometimes." A mumble next to me and I laugh at that. "Please don't." I say and place my glass on the table next to me. "You have to admit they are perfect together."

Max turns his head to me, pulling his sunglasses up to look me in the eyes. Those soft brown pearls capture me every time I look at him. I can melt under his gaze, but I keep it together. We didn't talk about what happened after Silverstone and we carried on as friends, but the looks that are shared between us have a load as heavy as a rock. "No one is perfect, Sab." He comments. He licks his lips, biting the bottom for a moment. I bow my head a little so my eyes are covered by the darker part of my sunglasses before I let my eyes roam over his body. I feel the tension between us and he is well aware of what he is doing.

I take a breath and turn away from the godly being next to me. I close my eyes and let the warmth of the Spanish sun overflow me. "Why so pessimistic, Max. Don't you believe in destiny and faith?" I mock him and lay my arms above my head, curving my body to accentuate it. This cat and mouse game has been going on the last few days and it's not the question if, but who is going to give in first.

I hear him take in a sharp breath and I need all my restraint to keep the grin from my face. "I don't and neither do you." his voice is a little lower, a sound that has become quite familiar. It haunts me in my sleep, but pride has always been my weakness so I am not going to be the first one to give in. "I believe in romance." I counter. He doesn't say anything back. Instead I hear him get up and walk away. I open my eyes just in time to see him jump in the water. Point for me.

"When are you two going to stop circling around each other?" I'm startled by Ophelia's voice next to me. "Jeez, you gave me a heart attack. When did you come out of the water?" I put a hand to my chest to dramatise my shock. My friend slaps my leg in laughter. I pull my legs up so she can sit on the end of the sun bed. "Don't change the subject, spill it."

I pull my sunglasses up and shrug. "There's nothing to spill, we're friends." Ophelia rolls her eyes. "Yes, with to much sexual tension for a lifetime." Now I roll my eyes at her. She only laughs and stands up. "Whatever, but there's no way that it's not going there." She lays down on the bed next to me and we go on enjoying the sun in silence.

***

Max

I get up and walk away, my frustration in my throat. That woman is excruciating. I jump into the cold water to cool my hot body, not trying to think of hers. The sea tenses my body when I hit the water. Tension, I don't seem to get rid of it these days. Every time Sabine is in my presence my whole body tenses and I seem to forget how to breathe. I just can't give in, after my mistake in Silverstone. I was a coward, I am a coward. I need to be strong now.