𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆.

Ophelia

I walk through Sabine's apartment complex. Why did I agree to this? I don't expect I'm going to enjoy this day. Sabine had been stalking me all weekend and even took a shift at work from me yesterday so I could finish my assignment. That is why I let myself be persuaded. If she is willing to work extra so that I can come and watch Formula 1, she must really want me to.

She texted me to be at her place around lunch, which was very puzzling to me because the race starts at 3. It couldn't be a good sign. I walk the last corner and stand still before the door of Sabine's apartment. Before I could knock the door swings open and I am met with the happy face of my friend.

"You're here!" She gives me a hug and janks my arm to get me inside her home. "I kind of expected you to bail on us."

"Us?" I ask, but I don't need to wait for an answer as I walk into the living room. From the couch Ashely waves at me. I imagine her expresion mirrors mine, not too pleased we have let ourselves talk into this.

"Okay, thank you for coming to this class of Formula one, 101," Sabine states. She comes from the kitchen with a tray. On the tray are three wine glasses and a bottle of cold white wine. Next to it is a plate with cheeses, crackers and meats. I look at her with surprise, while she puts down the tray.

"I bribed Ash with the promise of wine," She explains. I laugh at this and Asley's look of content. She takes two of the glasses and hands one to me. Sabine walks to the tv screen and that's when I see her laptop connected to the screen.

I laugh when she starts up a powerpoint where the first slide reads "Formula one, 101." With the under-title "How do I look like I know what I'm talking about, while I actually don't know what I'm talking about?"

"You went all out I see?" I arch my brows at her while I hear Ashely sigh. "This is gonna be a long day." She takes a sip of her wine and slouches a little further from the couch. I laugh at her. "Give her the pleasure, she's been waiting for this from the moment we became friends."

"Very true Miss Richardson," Sabine says, just sounding like a proper teacher. "Now I would like to start the class. Everyone ready?" We nod and make an attempt to look interested in what she is going to say.

"Okay first things first: Did you text possible Lando back?" She looks at me and I immediately feel a little awkward. Ashley looks at me questioningly. "You were texting? I thought you thought him a fraud or a liar, or both, and weren't talking to him anymore."

"No we aren't."

"Then why did you need to 'text him back'?" She doesn't look angry, just curious.

"Possible Lando had been spamming her to give him the chance to prove himself and get a second chance. He suggested he'd call our Lia to prove he is Lando Norris. But miss insecure here didn't want to answer him." Sabine tells the short summary, after which Ashely looks at me.

"That true?" I nod.

"Look, I'm just scared of many things. The lying, but especially what would happen if he is the real deal. His life is very public and I don't know if I want to be in the spotlight like that." Sabine looks like she's going to interrupt me, so I quickly proceed. "But, I am going crazy about the uncertainty, so yes I texted him back."

They both look at me with happy faces, but also with the question in their eyes what happened. When I stay silent and don't offer further information Ashley nudges me, "And? What did you say? And what did he answer?"

I shrug and take out my phone. I open tinder and go to the chat with Lando. "Here, you can read it." I say, while handing them my phone.

***

OpheliaHi

Ophelia
Hi

Lando
Hi

Ophelia
Okay

Lando
Did you have enough time?

Ophelia
Not quite, but I need to know. Are you really him?

Lando
I'm me, I just want to talk. Did you consider the idea that we could talk?

Ophelia
Yeah, I did

Ophelia
If you send your number I will call you when I'm ready.

Lando
*Sends number*

Lando
I'm normally not a very patient person, but for you I can wait.

Ophelia
I'll call you. Promise.

Lando
I'll wait Sunshine. 🌞

***

"This was yesterday, did you call him already?" Sabine asks.

"No, I want to wait until after the race. If he is Lando it's not right to call him during race weekend." I shrug. I look at my friends, who are quite calm under the situation.

"Tell me." I state as I feel they both have an opinion on the messages.

"How do you still not believe it's him, I'm freaking out! He really is Lando Norris, you're becoming a Formula one girlfriend and you are sulking about it. What is your problem!?" Sabine explodes. Her voice gets louder while she is talking and she is screaming the last sentence. "Well, I thought his first comment was a little snarky, that's all." Ashely shrugs sipping her wine. I let out a nervous laugh.

"I don't know what to feel. We will see. And realize that I don't even know Lando Norris very well. I even didn't google him yet, because I don't want to have a bias. You freak out because you know him, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around the situation." I play with my finger around the glass, while trying to explain my view.

"Okay, but I'm going to change your lack of knowledge, because you need to know what world you're stepping into. If you decide to do so." I nod at Sabine's remark.

"Well, hit me professor." I laugh and she sits up straight, starting to explain the sport that is Formula 1.

--
OMG Lando P3 at Imola. I was soo happy. I hope you guys had a good time watching the race and I hope you are liking the story. The first proper meeting is coming...

Lots of love