𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏.

Ophelia

"Thank you so much, and I will see you again next week in Woking. I'll email you further details." Lucinda says, shaking my hand. "Thank you for giving me the opportunity," I reply and smile at her. "I'll see you next week and enjoy the rest of your weekend." With that and a last smile she closes the door. I take a minute to wrap my head around what just happened and slowly make my way to the McLaren garage

When I get there I see Lando talking with his engineer, but when he sees me he excuses himself and walks my way. "And? What did she want?" He asks, taking my hand and pulling me to a corner of the garage.

I look at him and realise this would be the best part of the job. "She offered me an internship in the paddock. To help her with PR stuff." I explain. Lando's face lights up with happiness, because he knows that that means I need to be at the races.

"Did you take it?" He asks, almost bursting with excitement. I nod and he lifts me up and swirls me around, "That's great! I'm so proud of you!" I laugh at his excitement, but after three spins I feel nausea coming up.

"Lando! Lando! Stop, I'm going to be sick!" I yell at the guy that still has me in a grip. He laughs and puts me down. "You don't know how happy it makes me to know that you are going to be at every race," he says grinning widely.

"It's until summer stop, so yeah you're not getting rid of me in a while" I smile at him. He shrugs and takes a step closer to me. "I don't think I mind," he says softly, taking another step.

I can't look away from his eyes, that seemed to be getting closer. My breath stops when he leans one hand on the left side of my head. I lose all my senses when he takes a strand of my loose hair and puts it behind my ear. "Lando, I.." I don't know what I was going to say, but when he smiles my mind is blank and I'm drawn further into his gaze. His hand finds my cheek and strokes it gently.

"Lando! It's almost time, are you coming?" Lando lifts his head in annoyance when we hear Williams' voice behind us. Lando clears his throat and takes a step back. "I'll come back to that," He winks and walks to his engineer. I try to regain my composure, but can't move because my legs feel like jello and glued to the ground at the same time. He was so confident all of the sudden that I don't know what to make of the situation. I shake my head and try to let it go. I regain my muscle strength and walk to the other guests.

Lando walks to his car and takes a breath before getting in. I hope our little moment didn't throw him off and he is in the right headspace to start his qualifying. I get a headset to protect my ears and hear the communications between the team and the drivers. Just when I put it on, Lando drives off with squeaky tyres onto the circuit.

Qualifying was as spectacular as I could've wished for. After a couple of red flags because of the rain that had started, crashed cars and a lot of driving laps we were now in the last minutes of Q3. I watch the times on a screen when Lando starts a last fast lap. He is in third at the moment, which is an amazing result. The camera's follow a RedBull car when the yellow flag notification appears. Someone has gone off again.

Even before the camera switches I hear people in the pit box groaning. The camera confirms that a McLaren has gone off the track, and to my horror I see it's Lando.

The camera shows the papaya car that went off and it confirms it's Lando that went into the barrier. My stomach drops and I feel a wave of terror coming over me in the second I can't really see what happened.

In that split second I feel all kinds of things and I realise how dangerous this sport can be. It gives me a feeling of uncertainty. People died in the sport, can I deal with the nerves that every week it can go wrong?

But then I see the car isn't that smashed and we hear Lando curse that he's out. I let go of the breath I am holding and a weak smile comes on my face.

It grows the moment the red flag comes out and the whole garage is clapping for Lando's P3. I feel proud when I see the result, tomorrow at the sprint Lando would have a good chance at earning points.

When the car is getting rolled back into the garage I wait with anticipation. Lando climbs out of the car and hugs his team. We still clap and he talks about something with will. I can't hear but he gestures to me and a moment later he nods to will and turns my way.

"Congratulations! P3 is amazing," I say smiling widely at the brunette in front of me.

He doesn't react with words, but he grabs my hand and pulls me through the garage to the paddock. "Lando, what are we-," I try to ask for an explanation, but he interrupts me. "Nothing, just follow me."

He is almost at jogging pace when we enter the McLaren hospitality and he pulls me along into a hallway. I have not the slightest idea what the boy has gotten into his head, but I just laugh and follow along. His hand in mine give a sensational tingling that spreads warmth through my hand to my arm and up my body.

We reach a door and Lando opens it walking through and pulling me inside with him.

"What are we doing here?" I ask and laugh at the boy in front of me. He only shrugs and smiles devilishly. "Picking up where we left off," He says.

Before my brain can register what he just said I feel his hand on my cheek and his lips kissing mine. All the air is knocked out of my lungs and I am in shock for a second, but then I ignore everything and focus on the feeling of his lips on mine. I start kissing him back and my stomach starts flipping upside down with excitement.

With a light force he pushes me against the wall. I wrap my arms around his neck and his hand slides from my cheek to my hip. The kiss is rough, filled with lust and build up desire. I bury my hands in his hair and enjoy the feeling he gives me. There builds a warmth in my lower stomach and I have the urge to pull him even closer.

He understands my intent and his tongue asks for entry. I open my mouth with hunger for him. The kiss deepens and he is so close to me now that I can feel every inch of his body pressed up against mine. I feel my head getting light from the lack of air I'm getting. I ignore it. I start thinking about what this means. I ignore it. I ignore everything that isn't Lando's touch and kiss.

His lips are soft and his touch is hard. I feel nothing and everything at once. I don't want to let him go and end the moment, but my lack of air is getting in the way and I break our kiss. We lean our heads to each other, breathing heavily, trying to regain our composure.

"I've wanted to do that since the moment I saw you," he whispers and I smile. He copies my smile and we stay in this position until Lando's phone starts ringing and duties calls again.

--

First kiss!
I'm exited for the upcoming chapters.

Lots of Love