𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓.

Lando

"Why are you all smiles?" Daniel asks while waiting for his coffee to be ready. I look up from my phone at him, not aware of the huge grin on my face. It's 3 p.m. and Daniel and I just came out of a meeting for the upcoming season. It's exciting to get back in the car. With pre-season testing around the corner the start of the season is drawing very close now.

I don't understand why I decided to activate my Tinder again at this time, although I'm very glad I did. Ophelia is a really great girl, very funny and cute. We've been talking for not more than a couple of days but it felt comfortable and not pushed. So different from the rest of my life at the moment, with all the events, interviews and commitments before the start of the season. I will be so happy when it starts and I can just drive again.

"Nothing, just reading something," I answer Daniel who is looking at me with an arched brow. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I laugh nervously.

"You have the look," He concludes simply. He walks towards me and without seeing it coming he grabs my phone from my hands and starts running with it.

"Give that back!" I quickly get up and start running after him, but he has longer legs and is way faster. He runs out of the coffee corner laughing and looking at my phone. He runs into the main hall and just before I reach him the elevator doors close before me with my teammate inside.

"Daniel, come down for fucks sake!" He just laughs, waves and keeps looking through my phone and the many messages between me and Ophelia that I didn't want him to see, or anyone for that matter.

I walk up the stairs where Daniel is waiting with a grin and my phone in his stretched out hand. "So you like her a lot." It's more a statement than a question and I can't stop myself from turning red.

"Maybe, yes, I don't know," I sigh and start to walk back to the coffee corner.

"That's not the most logical answer mate. Common tell me, I won't say anything if you don't want me to." Daniel shoves his shoulder into mine. "Well?"

"We matched on tinder, and have been talking since a couple of days. Nothing serious to tell." I try to say it without too much emotion, but Daniel can see straight through me.

"I don't believe you for one second, Norris. I can see it all over you. You like her, a lot." I just keep quiet in the hope he shuts up about it, but of course he doesn't. "Please tell me she doesn't want you because of the fame," he asks and watches my reaction. I look away with guilt crawling up my spine.

"Wait," He stops in his tracks and pulls my arm to stop me as well. I look at him with an innocent smile and scratch my head. "Mate, you can't be serious. She doesn't know?" I shrug. and start walking again.

"She didn't mention that she knows who I am and for once I feel like I can be me, and not Lando Norris, McLaren formula one driver. It feels free and I like talking to her without her knowing. So no she doesn't know and I don't plan to tell her." We reached the coffee corner again, which was empty now.

We sit down at the bar and Daniel shakes his head at me. "You know that's lying, not only to her but also to yourself. You are 'Lando Norris-McLaren formula one drive', you shouldn't hide that from someone you like."

"It's not lying!" I exclaim. "It's withholding information to get to know her without the strings of fame." I take a sip of my water bottle and look at the Aussie. "And maybe it won't even lead anywhere. And if it does I will tell her before it becomes to serious."

"Whatever you say mate, but I think it will get you in trouble you don't want. Keep that in mind." He takes his coffee and makes his way to the exit.

"Hé, she's cute though." He says with a wink before heading out the door.

I shake my head while he disappears from view and take out my phone again. I look at her profile for what feels like the hundredth time this week. the way her hair falls around her face. Her perfect smile that reaches not only her eyes but her whole face. That smile could light up a big, dark room with ease. I feel my inside get blurry and my head becomes light.

Then I come to my senses and give myself a quick reality check. We've been talking for less than a week. I can't feel much for her already. I grab my stuff and get ready to head out as well, but while doing that I can't deny the still lingering feeling in my stomach.

--

First Lando chapter. For those who were surprised about the pov, this will be a mixed pov book, with text chapters, Ophelia and Lando pov and maybe some third person views. 

I hope you are enjoying the story so far!

Lots of love.