Chapter 9 (Edited)

Chapter 9

It was the end of May and classes had just ended. Journey watched woth pride as Leo walked across the stage to recieve his degree. Over the last few weeks she and Leo had been inseperable. Now that Journey knew she was in love with Leo, she couldn't get enough of him. It was like he was drug, a very addictive drug that she couldn't quit.

Leo looked out into the crowd to see his parents smiling; their faces the picture of pride and joy. He looked to Journey and saw she was beaming. He could tell how proud of him she was. Ever since they had confessed their love for each other they could not get enough of each other.

"I am so proud of you." Journey exclaimed as she pulled Leo into a hug.

"You better be." Leo replied jokingly.

"Journey, I am so glad to see you!" Miss Kristy, Leo's mom smiled as she hugged Journey. She was glad her son finally came to his senses and expressed his love for Jorney.

"Awe Miss Kristy it's only been four years." Journey laughed.

"Well it was four years too long. How have you been kiddo?" Mike, Leo's dad commented. He too was glad to see Journey and his son together.

"Well, since January i've been really good." Journey answered looking at Leo.

"Ok, enough with the small talk, who's hungry?" Mike asked.

"I am!!!" Journey, Leo and, Kristy answered all at the same time.

They went to Outback, Leo's favorite reasturaunt to eat at, and celebrated Leo's graduation. Leo's parents wanted to know about everything Journey had been up to since they last saw her. She told them about her classes and friends and anything else she could think about. Then about halfway through the dinner Leo told his parents he had something to tell them.

"What is it son?" His father asked. even though he thought he already knew

"Actually I have two things to tell you." Leo corrected himself.

"One is I have landed a job in town with a company that is very well known, and two is i don't know if you noticed or not but Journey and I are are not just friends anymore, we're dating, dating." Leo informed his parents.

"A job son that's excellent." His father congradulated him choosing to ignore the second part of his son/s news for the time being. His wife, however; had other plans.

"What in the world is dating, dating?" Miss Kristy asked with a giggle.

"Leo was trying to tell you that i'm no longer just his friend, i'm his girlfriend. But dating, dating is different from just dating. It means your relationship is on a more serious level rather than a casual one." Journey explained with a smile on her face.

"Oh I see." Miss Kristy replied overjoyed.

After dinner Journey and Leo hugged his parents goodbye and sent them on their way with promises of visiting soon. They went back to Leo's apartment where Journey haad been staying for the past few weeks. She and Sarah had decided not to renew the lease on their apartment, which would be up in June, because they had both been staying with their boyfrieds so much lately.

"So what are the plans for this weekend?" Journey asked as she changed into her night gown.

"I am going to visit some friends in Tuscaloosa so you can do whatever." Leo answered.

"And just when were you going to tell me this, Leo it's already Thursaday." Journey replied crossing her arms. Why would he wait until the last minute to tell her?