Chapter 3 (Edited)

Her Guardian Angel

Chapter 3

Friday morning Journey woke up feeling better than she had in a while. She hummed to herself during her morning shower and couldn't seem to wipe away the smile that was plastered on her face. Journey knew she shouldn't be this happy about seeing Leo again, but he was her best friend. She had missed him dearly the years he had been absent in her life. Journey finished her shower then got dressed and went to the kitchen to find something for breakfast.

"So, when are you going to see Leo again?" Sarah asked Journey as soon as she walked into the kitchen.

"Geez, way too early to be asking that Sar. Don't get me wrong; I'm glad Leo is back. You know he never did explain to me why he didn't call or visit." Journey replied pouring herself a cup of coffee.

"I think he will tell you eventually." At least she hoped Leo would tell Journey why. He owed it to her.

"I know. I just have to be patient. He did just come back into my life. I don't want to give him any reasons to go away again." Journey sighed.

Journey finished her coffee and went to finish getting ready. She reached for her anti-depressant that was sitting on her bathroom counter, but then she decided she didn't need it. Journey had a feeling she would be ok without it. She looked in the mirror and noticed her eyes were much brighter and alive with life this morning.

Journey had always been considered pretty, or that what leo had always told her. Leo had never lied to her so she never applied too much makeup. Now years later, Journey still did her makeup the same way she always had. A little bit of foundation, eyeliner, and mascarra was all she needed. She finished with a dab of her favorite lip gloss grabbed her purse and was out the door.

The morning seemed to fly by and Journey thought it had to be because she was in such a good mood. Her boss even complimented her on her smile. Her coworkers, who usually steered clear of her because of her ever changing moods, chatted happily with her. Journey was organizing her work area before she left for lunch when Leo text her asking her to eat lunch with him. A slow smile formed on her lips as she sent a reply asking where.

Leo instantly knew that Journey was in an extremely good mood today. He could tell by her body language as she got out of her car. She had more of a bounce in her step that hadn't been there the past few times he'd seen her. He was glad she was happy. It had killed him to see that defeated look in her eyes that night at Bryan's. He missed seeing her like this. She had a carefree air about her. Leo was glad she hadn't turned him down when he had asked her to meet him for lunch.

"Hey gorgeous?" Leo smiled as she walked towards him.

"Hey yourself." Journey replied. Leo shocked her when he planted a friendly kiss on her left cheek.

"What was that all about?" Journey asked confused as to why he would greet her like that.

"Isn't that the way we usually greet each other." Leo answered then mentally slapped himself. He was moving too fast for her. She hadn't seen him in four years and he just walks up and kisses her like they hadn't been separated all this time.

"Yeah, it was the way we used to greet each other." Journey remembered smiling up at him.

"So how has your day been so far?" Leo asked awkwardly trying to make conversation.

"Good as usual. Work sucks, but when does it not?" Journey joked.

"True that." Leo agreed.

"So I was thinking, there's a party at one of Sarah's friends house this weekend and she begged me to go. I hate parties so I thought I would ask you if you wanted to tag along." Journey swirled her noodles around on her plate.