Chapter 1 (Edited)

Her Guardian Angel

Chapter 1

Bryan was pleading with Journey to leave. It was poker night and the guys were coming over soon. She had been there all day. As much as he loved Journey's company it was time for her to go.

"Come on Journey, you can't be here when the guys get here." Bryan pleaded.

"Please, I'll stay in the living room. They won't even know I'm here. Besides, you will all be in the dinning room playing your game." Journey whined. She really didn't want to be alone tonight. She was tired of being alone.

"Look Journey, I love it that you want to hang out; I really do, but don't you have friends who aren't guys that you would like to hang out with?" Bryan asked hoping she would get the hint.

"No Sarah is out of town with Nick, and I don't want to be alone." Journey replied. Why couldn't she stay? It's not like she planned on interrupting their game. As a last resort she gave him her puppy dog face.

"Fine, but you'll stay in the living room like you said." Bryan sighed giving in. How could he not? He had wanted to move pass the friends zone for a while now. Maybe he would get lucky tonight and not just in poker.

"Thank you so much!" Journey exclaimed and hugged Bryan just as the door bell rang.

Bryan went to asnwer the door and let Chris, Rob, and his new friend Leo in. Journey settled down on the couch and began reading the book she had brought with her. She heard Bryan lead the guys into the dinning room and soon their game was week underway. Five chapters into her nook Journey got thirsty and decided to quickly sneak into the kitchen for a glass of water. Journey knew the reason Bryan didn't want his friends to know she was there was because he was hoping to sleep with her by the end of the night. He had been hinting he wanted to be more than friends for a few weeks now.

The guys were well into their game when Bryan heard the kitchen door squeak. He closed his eyes and hoped that none of the guys heard it too. He looked up to see everyone had froze and each of his friends were looking at the door that lead to the kitchen directly behind him.

"Dude, who else is here?" Rob asked curiously.

"A friend." Bryan replied nonchalantly.

"You've got a girl here don't you, you dirty dog? Chris grinned wickedly. Then he and Rob bolted for the kitchen.

"Wait guys!" Bryan yelled after them, but it was too late they had already seen her.

Journey was reaching for a glass when she heard the door to the dinning room jerk open. Two of Bryan's friends came through almost knocking each other over with Bryan hot on their heels. She almost giggled at the panicked look in his eyes.

"Hi boys. How's the game going?" Journey smiled . Chris and Rob stopped and stared at the beautiful creature in front of them unaware that their mouths were hanging open. Rob quickly regained his composure and spoke up.

"No wonder Bryan was hiding her." Rob grinned and Chris nodded in agreement.

"Yeah look at her." Chris acted as if she wasn't standing right in front of them.

Bryan stepped in front of Journey in a protective stance. There was no way in hell he was letting his friends drool over her. Tonight she was his. Journey could feel the tension and testosterone rising in the room so she gentle pushed Bryan out from in front of her and took control of the situation.

"Oh come on Bryan you didn't really think they wouldn't see me did you? After all I do have to eat, drink, and use the bathroom." Journey joked trying to lighten the mood a little.

Bryan just shook his head, and gave up all hopes of getting her in bed. The sad thing was even though shw was joking, Journey was right Why did he ever agree to let her stay? Oh yeah, because he's an idiot who was thinking with the wrong head at the moment.

"Why don't we ALL have a little fun." Journey smiled. She was feeling promiscuous tonight. Plus, she knew at least three of the four guys in the room right now would go for what she had in mind. Why not have a little fun?

"What kind of fun are you talking about, sweetheart?" Rob looked her up and down appreciatively.

"Oh I don't know? Are any of you up for a game of strip poker?" Journey fingered the strap of her tank top teasingly. Bryan, Rob, and Chris all nodded eagerly. Bryan's other friend just stood there.

"What about you handsome?" Journey looked him straight in the eyes. They looked so familiar. He had been staring at her from the moment he saw her as if she had two heads.

"Your loss." Journey shrugged and walked past him into the dinning room.

By the end of the night an innocent game of strip poker had turned into a naughty foursome. Journey had slept with Bryan and his two friends and had her sights set on the only male left in the house. She hadn't planned on sleeping with all three guys, but tonight Journey decided to throw caution to the wind. She had never done anything like this before. She decided that tonight was a one time only deal.

"So, you want to join the fun?" Journey asked.

"No thanks." The guy replied and turned to walk away.

"Hey, you know, I don't even know your name?" Journey called after him. If he was going to turn her down she wanted to at least know his name. She was actually happy he was turning her down. She was starting to regret tonight's activities.

"I thought you would have recognized me by now, but I guess I was wrong." He said with a hint of disappointment in his tone.

"Why would I racognize you?" Journey questioned confused. Who was this guy? Sure, she thought he looked familiar, but it was probably from seeing him on campus or something like that.

"I just figured you would remember your best friend." He replied and attempted to walk away again.

Journey stood there with her mouth wide open in shock. It couldn't be? She hadn't seen him in four years ever since he left for college.

"Leo." Journey gasped unable to form a complete sentence at the moment.

"Took you long enough." Leo frowned and finally walked away from her and out the door.