p6

another one😋

(time skip to the evening)

(BRUCES POV)
late night studying was harder than usual with a wrist that was basically broken, and it didn't help that i couldn't stop thinking about the note. maybe vance didn't hate me. after all, he did write me the note in the first place.

suddenly, my wrist started to throb and i ran to the bathroom. my mom had wrapped up my arm in some bandages when i got home from school, but they weren't really helping. on the verge of tears, i cut through the bandage and examined my arm.

the bruise was already changing into a deep purple color and i felt so nauseous looking at it. i didn't do well with blood or injuries. a wave of dizziness hit me and i practically ran to my bed to lay down. my mind went blank as i pressed my back against my matress and closed my heavy eyes to go to sleep.

i woke up to my mom's voice instead of my alarm. shit i was going to be late. i grabbed an orange sweatshirt and some black sweat pants from my closet and packed up my notebook from studying last night. i wrapped my wrist in some new bandages and left for school.

when i got to class, i saw him, same spot as always. but when i walked to my desk, i could see that there was already another folded note on the table. was this from vance again? this wasn't like him. but this also wasn't like me. i was blushing.

i opened the second note after sitting down:
v: hi. -vance

b: uh.. hi? do you need something? -bruce

v: no. i just wanted to ask if your arm was okay. jesus.

b: oh well it's fine.

v: are you sure?

b: yes? you're acting weird what's your problem.

v: wow asshole i cant just ask how you're doing? fine then have it your way.

b: wait no, okay sorry i didn't mean to be rude. but my arm actually is fine.

v: if you say so.

b: ...

v: wanna walk with me to 2nd period?

b: it's 'want to' but sure.

v: whatever, dickwad.

i didn't reply after that. but.. he wanted to walk with me? maybe vance wasn't how everyone made him out to be.

(3rd PERSON POV)
the bell rang and signaled the students to leave. although, vance wasn't in a rush like usual. instead, he turned behind him and looked to bruce. vance helped him pack up the last of his notebooks and they made eye contact.

bruce couldn't seem look away from his sweet blue eyes, but vance turned to leave and called for him. bruce followed vance out the door. after leaving the classroom, they started to walk together, inches away, to their next class.

bruce found himself having to look up the slightest to meet vance's eyes, but he didn't mind. "so.. i heard you play baseball? are you actually good or is everyone just lying when they talk about you playing," vance said. "okay that was rude. but uhh i guess you could say im pretty good."

their eyes met once again and bruce smiled. vance hated that stupid smile. "wow someone's cocky. well anyways, i was meaning to ask you.. adams having a party at his house on friday. would you wanna go," vance asked. bruce looked up surprised. he'd been invited to a few parties before, but never by vance hopper.

"oh uh.. sure yea that sounds great," bruce replied. it was only two days away and he knew adam so he was excited. "okay good. it's at 9, don't be late, goody two shoes."

the rest of the walk wasn't very eventful, but they got to talk a lot, more than just exchanging notes. but, when they got to class, vance sped up and bruce could tell something was different. instead of sitting in front of him, vance moved to the other side of bruce's table and sat down.

bruce froze. now he had to sit next to him too? for some reason, his cheeks felt hot again and now he couldn't stop it. he had no choice but to sit down and pretend like he didn't have a stupid crush on vance hopper.

vance got rizz frfr🤗 anyways!! this one is a little longer but it seems boring lmk!!

737 words