First Love

“Meet me in the backyard of School. I’ve to say something to you.”

Amrik had to gain a lot of guts to message Niwan. After messaging that, Amrik’s heart started fast beating. Today he couldn’t concentrate in classes. His brain was all over surrounded by the result of his one message. Finally, after half an hour, he saw a reply notification on his phone. His heart was about to burst out. He clicked on the notification.

“Okay.”

Amrik was having a mixed feeling. Would it be right to express feelings to him? Or should he hide that by discussing about Pre-boards? However, he must be prepared for the reaction of Niwan. He didn't know if Niwan would get his hint or not. His liking for Niwan turned into love day by day but he didn't get a chance to tell what was in his heart. But today, he decided to tell about it anyhow.

After ending school hours, Amrik was waiting beneath the royal poinciana tree. 

The tree was the eye witness of many couples in the school. Maximum of them got approval in their relationship when anyone of the couple proposed another one first time. It seemed as a magical tree that might fulfill his wish today.

“Hey!”

Amrik saw Niwan running towards him. 

“Hello”, said Amrik.

Niwan was tired because of coming direct here after sports period. He was thirsty and his bottle was empty. He snatched the bottle of Amrik from his bag and drank. His fast drinking made his uniform wet for the falling water from bottle more than he drank. 

“What Hello? You’ve told me to say something. Just say."

“A..A..Actually, I wanted to tell you about my crush”, Amrik said it with a little fear. He and Niwan were very close friends since 11th. They both used to share thoughts with each other. Niwan was very popular in the school, but Amrik was not. So, Amrik would not stay in the same bench with Niwan because of Niwan’s so called reputation in the school. He used to get mocked by Niwan when sometimes he walked after Niwan in school when Niwan was with his other friends. He seemed to be a nerd type guy, but he was better in studies. Niwan didn’t introduce Amrik as his best friend because of his shy nature.

“What?” Niwan was about to splash the water to Amrik’s face, “Who’s that?” He wasn’t be able to control his laugh.

Amrik’s throat was dry. He was not getting words to explain Niwan that how much he loved him. He didn't know how to express his love and propose to him. He took the bottle from Niwan and drank some water. 

“I had crush on that person since my 11th. I got a magical feeling of love when the person stayed with me, guiding me, mocking me, spending time with me.”

“Don’t go round and round, just say who’s the girl?” said Niwan.

“It’s not a girl.”

“What?” Niwan was shocked. He couldn’t understand what should do now. He often joked about Amrik's shy nature and used to sit with him, unknown to his orientation till then.

“So, Who’s that?” Niwan said to him in a dry voice.

“It’s you, Niwan.”

As soon as Niwan heard that, he slapped Amrik and splashed the water on him. 

“Are you nuts? Do you know what you said?” Niwan was getting mad in anger. “Listen, I don’t want to mess up with you, just go away.”

Amrik couldn’t control his emotion. He took Niwan’s hand and said in a crying voice, “Please, don’t leave me. I’ll change myself as you wish, I will do everything what you want.”