The Dominant

All things were running best. I would be better than the best level if there were not a single drop of misunderstanding. 

Last month, while returning from the grocery shop which was not so far from the super market, Tushar and his father had a car accident. Tushar survived but he lost his father on the spot. The whole world seemed dark for Tushar for a while. He was too shocked to be able to talk till three days after his father’s death. He also had a severe injury in his leg. He had to be given time to recover. He was released from hospital but he couldn’t go to school for months to recover. In that case, his medical leave was granted in the school but he had to submit last term projects. Amrik took the total responsibility to help Tushar. He frequently visited Tushar’s house, reminded him to take medicines time to time. He helped him to go to bathroom, to take bath, to apply medicine on the fracture. All these things he used to do while managing school and attending classes. This made Tushar very comfortable and happy to get such a caring partner. Now, he could walk with the help of walking sticks.

One day, in the afternoon, when Tushar went to his windows to remove the curtains, he saw Amrik coming with Anand. They both were laughing and coming to his house. Tushar calmly came to his bed and pretended to sleep. 

Amrik came to the room and said,” Hey, Tushar, look who has come to meet you.”

“Hi, Tushar, how’re you feeling now?” said Anand. 

Tushar’s face was turned on another side. He said in a very low voice,” I’m tired now. Pls leave me alone for a while.”

“Hey, Tushar, don’t do like that. I know you are not sleepy. Please wake up, there’s Anand. He’s here to meet you.”

“Here’s some fruits for you,” said Anand.

“Give it to me,” Amrik took the fruit basket and tried to give Tushar.

“Don’t you understand?” Tushar shouted after throwing the fruit basket on the floor, “I’m feeling sleepy now, is this word not enough for you to get out and leave me alone? Just go from here.”

“Listen, listen Anand, stop, please, don’t go”, Amrik was trying to make out things, but Anand rushed out of there with controlled tears of his eyes.

“what’s your problem Tushar,” Amrik shouted, “Why did you do that? You’ve never been like this before. What is his fault?”

“At first you answer my question, are you bored with me?”

“What kind of question…”

“Just answer me, are you bored with me, aren’t you?”

“What are you talking about, it’s insane.”

“I’ve asked you a simple question, just give me my answer.”

“Of course not, is this you are expecting from me?”

“Then why are you with him? “Tushar screamed.

Amrik was shocked to hear that. He was going to tell that Anand came to him to wish him get well soon from the whole class, but he didn’t explain. He didn’t say,” Let me explain.”

“There is nothing between us, as you are thinking. You are my one and only life,” holding Tushar’s face with his hands, he said,” I love you rather than my life. I don’t lie to you, you know that. I trust you. I don’t peep when your old friends come to visit you. I don’t follow you every time as you do, cause I have faith on you. But it seems that you won’t trust me anymore. 

“No, It’s not like that. Actually...”

“Actually, you can’t trust your partner,” Amrik moved away his hands, “You think that your partner will leave you or break up with you. I know it’s very hard time for you to stay inside and not to go out and getting depressed. But trust me, I’ll not break your faith.”