Special

"He's waiting for you, dear" Elizabeth held my chin up high and smiled. I looked into the mirror, I'm wearing a white and gold formal dress, the cloth was so long that dragged on the floor when I walk, spreading snow down to the ground.

"Why is this so important for you?" I asked.

"Honey, you really think I'm just a lady that never ages and didn't have a glowing neck like everyone else did? I can see people's future, I know what will happen in the ball tonight." she pushed me in front of the door and gazed at me.

"What will happen tonight?"

"You better find out yourself." she said, tilting her head.

The guards opened the door for me and I saw Derek walking around in the dancing crowd.

He spotted me and started walking toward me, my heart thundered like a lion inside my lungs when I saw Derek's face, his hair was black and neatly combed.

"Excuse me, Miss - Why is it taking you so l-" Derek's jaw dropped open when he came out from the crowd. Scanning my body from my toes to my face, walking closer to me, and his eyes landed on my lips.

"Um, hi" I glanced at his eyes, which were reflected by the lights of his glowing necklace

"You look... Gorgeous..." he blinked "And sexy" he added after the pause. "Oh god, it's snowing isn't it? Or that's just your dress?"

"Is that one of your cheesy pick up lines?"

"Right about that, babe" he smiled.

I blushed, looking away.

"Are you blushing again?" he asked, taking my hand in his arms and walked me to the center of the waltzing crowds.

"When are you going to stop that?"

"Stop what? You're the one who always blushing in front of me" he leaned closer "And I have no idea about your blushing problem" he landed his arm in my waist and pulled me into his body, slow dancing across the crystal floor.

I giggled "Ugh,  I just hate you sometimes"

"But I love you like crazy..." he whispered in my ear and nibbled it softly, I accidentally moaned put and some of the dancing couples gave me a look. Derek laughed so hard but he kept his voice down.

"That was embarrassing, baby"

I blinked three times and left out a tiny ugh.

"Sorry, baby" he said.

"Why are you calling me 'babe' and 'baby' so sudden?"

The music changed from graceful waltz from Chopin to delightful jazz musics that were performed by the musicians in the ball.

" 'Cause I love you" he started dancing on his own, I watched his legs doing twirls and stuff, standing there and realized how useless I am. Derek reached out his right hand for me to join and I refused.

"I don't know for to dance" I said to him.

"Well, it's like waltzing but faster and more creative and lazy, just follow your heart." he did a spin and some modern dance moves.

Derek grabbed my arms and started shaking me all over the places and spun me in circles, I watched my surroundings blurred. I was suddenly dancing on my own.

"See? I told you" Derek stopped and watched me dancing the hell out of me. "Make it sexy''

"God..." I muttered and he laughed.

I found myself danced to death in different kind of moves Derek taught me during the time. We often laughed and stuff.

Suddenly the music stopped and Elizabeth sat up from her throne and we all took a deep bow.

"Tonight we are having an very special activity, please head out to the meadow" Elizabeth said.

Derek held his elbow up for me to hold and lead me to the meadow.

Everything were more beautiful than the landscapes on earth. There's glowing moon flowers and sparkling birds that flew across the field like shooting stars, and of course, fireflies, which are a symbol of star claimer's spirits according to the book.

Derek took me to a spot where it's right in the middle of the crowd under a tree that is decorated with white balloon-looking roses.

I stood on my toes and tried to find Elizabeth, she smiled and lowered herself after catching a glimpse of me.

Is there something wrong? I thought.