Candle of Life

Elizabeth opened the door and I watched thousands of candles on the floor, nothing but candles, golden spots beaming in the dark. Sofia reached out her pale hand, hovering over the candles.

''No, don't touch it'' Elizabeth slapped her hands away. ''Those candles are precious!''

''What?'' I asked.

''Those are the lives of star claimer couples'' she pointed at the one that's sparkling weakly. ''Look at that''

We turned our heads.

Elizabeth blow the candle off and the candle light turned white.

''See that? It's white, now this means that the couple choses to live in north star, which is my castle.''

''Whoa, that's so cool.'' Sofia exclaimed.

''Yes it is, dear. Now you and your lover boy promise me that you will never enter this room unless I said so.''

''Ok, we promise'' I held Sofia's hand.

"You two are dismissed" she said after.

We later headed to the main hall and got a notification from Garrett about that there's going to be a dance this midnight, because of this, Elizabeth and her maids separated us to different rooms for preparations.

"Sofia is a very beautiful girl, Derek" said one of the maid "Are you planning to do anything with her?"

"Uh-"

"No offences" she cut in.

"Well, I love her and I know she love me too, but I don't really have a plan for her."

"Propose her" The maid replied.

"What?! Are you insane?! I can't do-"

"Derek, you and Sofia are destined to be together, forever. I mean, you broke the curse together, you saved her life, you chose to save her when you're a spirit, and you took her to the north star!" the color of the light around the maid's neck shine brighter.

"Ugh, I just don't know. Everything's possible, she might say no." I not the knuckle on my index finger while she's combing my hair.

"We are different but we can still fly..." the maid whispered.

"What?"

"This is what my husband told me before he died from deceases." she sighed and smiled "I am a star claimer, I saved a person but he died after returning. Years after a man fell in love with me, he proposed me two times, I rejected the first time because he's not the person a claimed so if I married him, he would age and died. After he said that inspiring quote of his, it washed my sadness away and brought a new life within my heart, so I said yes. And guess what? He's right about everything, although he ages but it doesn't matter, it only matters on a person's heart"

"That is very touching" I grinned.

She held a suit to me and told me to put them on, I walked into the dressing room and got out after 3 minutes. During the time I was dressing, I thought about the idea of proposing Sofia, I agreed with the maid. And I'm buying a ring.