2. ANNOYING

"Just because youre bored and got nothing to do doesnt mean i am too? damn it, ayberk! mom's going to get mad if he knew youre slacking off. find a mate already!" arius, my ever sweet twin brother yelled at my phone like always.

"what does having a mate have anything to do with mom and me slacking off, jerk!" i replied while i was lounging sideways from my stiff chair here at the castle.

"now, your admitting that youre slacking off. wait till mom hear about this." arius evilly laugh.

"hey, vampsquatch stop your horses or else moms gonna hear about you frolicking about during the day in the casinos." i retorted. what mom really hates is us wasting time and money not the act persay.

"what should i hear about?" replied another voice from the phone. shit! jupiters literally crashing on earth shit! i abruptly cut off the line. knowing our mother, ethan, he already heard it across the hall from where arius is assuming that hes at the lair.

deal with it asshole!

i smirked but deep inside im hoping mom wont be too harsh on arius. hoping. not praying.

i stare at my phone which i tossed on the table as if it were several times hotter than it already is from my neverending games.

i looked around the office. it sure is silent. it screams luxury. grandiose. you name it. but for me, its empty.

granny gulf been badgering me about my mate before and said that i already met him

granny gulf been badgering me about my mate before and said that i already met him. him? a her? whatever... as long as hes alive and well, ill accept him. my granny just been so bothered about my personality but damn! i know how to be serious when the situation demands it. by the way, theres so many people that i had the chance to meet and i dont know whom granny was talking about. my cousins said that youll know if its your mate even your eyes are closed. i dont know if thats true but theyre all married to their mates. quite a variety of races but its love all the same.

this rooms suffocating me. ill go to keas penthouse to tease my nephews. ill go on fours. zees been wanting to stretch these past few days and the mountain of documents from various packs had already been dealt with. i have no reason not to.

im nearing the city outskirts. i need to be invisible. my huge frame is a problem but since its already dusk, hiding in the shadows would be best.

alleys after alleys, roof after roof, then its only a block away from the building.

i was about to turn the corner when the wind draft suddenly changed its course. grannys been meddling again. theres no way a draft will come this way naturally. its an enclosed area.

but

i smell blood

sweet scented blood

omega?

but all wolves are already accounted for, even the newborns. i drew closer and i decided to hide in the shadows of the alley where the subject of my curiosity ducked and slumped on the alley floor.

human!

its a human!

a male one but an omega as well?

i dont get it.

how can a male human smell like an omega and now that i am close... i am sure...

hes my mate

hes bleeding

MATE IS BLEEDING! zee yelled at my head causing me to whimper. i instantly looked at him and relieved that hes still had his eyes closed as if he was resting.

why is he bleeding?

whats he doing here?

suddenly i heard hurried steps and yells coming from the alleys entrance. this alerted my mate and he stood up. there i noticed that hes limping as well. hes got a lot of wound.

damn it!

i let out a growl absent-mindedly. it startled him as i saw him watch me through the shadows.

since hes human, im sure that all he saw was darkness but i get it that he heard me from the way he turned towards me.

"there you are you bastard! i need you unconscious to wrap you up for your boss!" sneered the blond whatever at the alley entrance.

hes not thinking of harming my mate, is he? were already at this obscure alley at the back of a seldom routed street, what a little bloodshed make any difference, right?

as i sauntered slowly forward toward the pathetic human, i saw my mate shiver in fright beside me as he saw my frame. im way past his waist and i guess hes 5 foot 5 or something. yeah, im huge. human form im 6 foot 5 and on fours maybe 5 or 6? i dont know, nobody ever manages to come near zee when he took over unless its family.

"drake! thats one freaking huge dog! lets go!" a slightly intelligent plebian tried to pry the dumb blond out of his trance but well, once zee locked on a prey and held it on his gaze. alpha blood or not, youll literally freeze out of fright. pathetic human!

i growled low and hard at him.

im so annoyed at his face. ill be sure to scratch it beyond recognition but... my mate...

i looked back at my mate and saw him passed out.

nice.

i jumped over to that pathetic git and you know what happened. i just made sure that he wont ever be able to use his legs ever again and maybe a bit of concussion and a bit of memory loss at the side, im sated.

i transformed back on my twos and praised our auntys grace that i am clothed. thanks to grannys lingering blood that ran on our veins, this minute magic really helps.

i crouched over to my mate. hes really cute and... small.

now what am i thinking at this moment? i need to bring him to a hospital. i know zilch about medicine and im a werewolf for heavens sake. i could be cured from a stab for a few seconds.

i cradled him to my arms and carried him all the way to the hospital. ill call kea there.

hes so light... and pale...

blood is already soaked on my clothes and i knew his wound is that deep.

i just hope that hell push through.

no!

he will! i know hes a fighter. that many who were with that pathetic git, im sure my mate endured through them to get away.

i ran towards the emergency and told the staff that im a suppasit (thanks mom). immediately, a throng of doctors came and aided my mate. i know that most of the doctors that came is a wolf and uncle alexanders one of the board of directors after granpa mew. theyll know very well that this person that i carried was nowhere near a nobody.

im just so annoyed right now because im alone here outside the theater. he was wheeled inside for an immediate operation. upon initial diagnosis, an organ was ruptured due to the stab.

i should have ripped the bastard to shreds.