16. The Record Player Song

Previously,
"I am so glad you're okay." He mumbled. "Where is this coming from Hunter?" I asked. "I wouldn't forgive myself if Kikimora hurt you." He added. "Aww!" I lifted his head to see a bandage on his head. I traced a circle around the bandage and gently pulled it off. "I healed it for you," I told him. "Thank you." He smiled as he let go of my neck. "Mhm." I wiped his tears off his cheeks. "What happened when you got home?" I held Hunter's face.

-The Record Player Song-

~Sometimes I think all I'm ever doing is trying to convince myself I'm alive~

I woke up and I noticed Hunter was still laying next to me. I felt my face get hot and realized he was usually gone by the morning. "Hunter?" I shook him. He mumbled as he slowly woke  up. I heard a compilation of different knocks at my door. I opened the entrance to see Luz standing in front of me. "Do you want to help King with me?" Luz asked. "I'll do it later. I'll fly with you guys when you practice." I explained. She nodded her head and went down the stairs.

I slowly closed the door and looked at Hunter. He had the blanket over his head. I looked inside my closet and saw a vintage strawberry dress hung up. I took it down and grabbed my necklace and my towel. "Hey, are you up?" I asked the boy covered by the blanket. He groaned and sank into the bed. I sighed and I go into the bathroom.

~~~~~~

I finished drying my hair and I tied the bow on the black dress. I latched my necklace on my neck. I styled my hair so it looked manageable and I left my bathroom. Hunter was still dozing off on the bed. I chuckled to myself and I grabbed my satchel. "P/n come on." I stuffed some potions inside my bag. They tweeted and landed on my shoulder. The red bird flew to my other shoulder. "Oh hello, Rascal." I smiled. "You should stay with Hunter until he wakes up," I suggested as I put on my socks and my boots.

He chirped contently and left my shoulder. I left my room and I went to Mom's room. She was putting something away and her room was a mess. "Stupid curse." She mumbled. "Mom, why aren't you dressed?" I asked her. "Oh, sorry I got distracted. I'll be ready soon." She told me. I closed the door and I waited by the door. I scrolled on Penstagram and noticed an Emperor Coven Live.

"And we're back live at the Emperor's castle." The reporter began. "In light of Scooter Crane's retirement, today's ceremony will confirm Raine Whispers as the next head of the Bard Coven." The reporter documented. I gasped. "Finally Raine Whispers." I said out loud. Raine pulled down their hood and addressed the camera. "Uh... I am honored to work with Emperor Belos in preparation for the Day of Uni-bee. I mean Uni-ly! I mean..." They mumbled before shouting, "Get me out of here!"

I smiled and I saw Luz and King enter the house. Mom came downstairs at the same time. "Hey, guys. got another backpack I can borrow?" Luz asked. "In the closet," I responded. She ran over there. "So, why are you suddenly so interested in flying? Did you give up on returning to the human realm? I mean, I suppose you can stay here a little longer." Mom sat next to me.

"Oh no, I'm still going home, but I keep running into some setbacks. I lead the mouse out of under the chair but Hooty tried eating him. I was able to get the mouse back safely but he needs to recover." She explained. "In the meantime, this weekend is the Gland Prix!" King gave us a brochure. "Hexside, Glandus, and St. Epiderm students race to win glory and honor and-" King cut Luz off.

"Fame! Winners also get an interview with the Boiling Isles News! Do you realize what this means?" King asked. "We're gonna enter the competition and get King on camera to send a message to his dad." Luz finished. "Oh... That's...." Mom mumbled. "Great!" I smiled. "But, uh... There's something I'd like to talk to you about first. You see I think it's time for me to le-" Mom interrupted him.