Neighbor-A-Rooney

"Dinner is served!" Karen said as she put a plate of chicken bites on the table.

"Hey, where is everyone?" Parker asked as he sat at the table. "Ah, who cares? More chicken bites for me!" Parker took a bite out of a chicken bite but whined and spit it out into his napkin. His father gave him a questioning look. "Oh, great googa-mooga what is this?" Parker asked his mother.

"It's meatless soy-ken wings with compassionate cashew barbecue sauce." Karen said with a smile.

"Yup. Mom says meat's off the menu until I get my cholesterol down." Pete said as he picked up a piece of chicken. "Why do you think everyone else has boycotted dinner?" 

"Well, if the choice is saving dad or saving dinner, I vote dinner." Parker suggested.

"I'm with Parker." Pete agreed.

Karen rolled her eyes. "Give meatless a chance. You haven't tried my simulated sausage snaps." Karen went to go pick up her sausage snaps but she heard a noise outside. "Who is that?" She looked out the window to see her neighbor dragging a tree covered in poems into her backyard. "Cindy Dippledorf. What is that too-good-to-say-hello-to-me-in-the-grocery-store snob doing in my backyard?" She opened the door and went outside to confront her neighbor. "Well, hello, Cindy. What a pleasure it is to see you trespassing in my backyard."

"Well, fix your front gate." Cindy said with a chuckle. "I just came by to give you your... whatever this hot mess it."

"Oh, it's my poet tree for poetry." Karen told Cindy. "It's a clever play on the word-"

"I get it." Cindy cut her off.

...

"I thought the neighborhood needed a place for people to express themselves, so I gave a dead tree new life by inviting neighbors to attach poets to the branches." Karen told the camera as she held up some poets. "And the poet tree was born. The kids love it."

...

"There once was a lady named Mom." Maddie started as she looked into the camera.

"Who said poetry was, quote, 'Da bomb'." Parker added as he looked into the camera.

"She thought we'd be stoked." Liv added as she looked into the camera.

"To pin poems to the oak." Joey added as he looked into the camera.

"But, she could not have been more da wrong." They all finished together.

"Good job, guys." Parker congratulated. "I didn't think we could pull it off."

...

"Now don't slay the messenger, sweetie, but the neighborhood consortium thinks your poet tree is a horrible eyesore." Cindy told Karen. "Second only to that unfortunate mustard color you painted your house."

"So you just decided to rip it out of my front yard?" Karen asked, shocked and angrily.

"Thanks for understanding. Toodles." Cindy said before walking away.

...

"Ooh!" Parker, Joey, Maddie, and Liv said to the camera in unison.