Chapter 32 - A Fiery Introduction

"You sure she is coming?" Lace asks as her, Mika, Ariven and I relax on the steps to the pack house. I roll my eyes, leaning into Ariven and yawning. Since realizing that Lupus wants me for some unknown reason nightmares have been plaguing me.
"Geminie is nothing if not punctually late. She also keeps her promises and promised me she would be here today." My response is lazy, not caring to explain how Geminie operates considering she is one wolf that scares me some days. Being a trained Tracker and Alpha as well, Geminie has been my best friend and confident when I needed some advice. As well as being a fellow rejected, she understood the pain I went through for the last three years. Ariven's arms tighten around me, pulling me closer to him as his lips place a gentle kiss on top of my head. I smile, the sparks from our mate bond tingling along my skin.
"How will we know she is here?" Mika grinds out, his voice holding a hint of anger. I open my eyes slightly to see him glaring at Ariven and I sigh internally. No use in being jealous considering he had his chance and ruined it.
"You'll know. She has this...way of introducing herself." Ariven answers, playing with my loose curls. I can see the jealousy in Mika's eyes and the way he looks at Ariven's hands when ever my mate holds me. I can't help but edge him on even more, relishing in the touch of my mate while pissing off my ex being the perfect petty behavior to amuse and entertain me these last eight days while training Lace's pack. Sounds of howls resound from the middle of the forest surrounding hidden claws, Mika's and Lace's eyes glazing over and I chuckle.
"Damn it. First soulless, now a rogue at our borders." Lace curses, rushing from her seat on the steps and taking a few steps away from us.
"Where are you going?" I call out, keeping my senses open as shouts and whimpers are heard. I chuckle, imagining the chaos happening and what response I will be receiving soon from her.
"To help my pack!" Lace shouts over her shoulder as Mika stares at Ariven and I incredulously.
"Why are you so calm?" He asks, anger in his voice as his body tenses and fists clench.
"Because there's no threat." Ariven retorts with a snort, his eyes keeping track of Mika's movements ready to protect me at a moments notice. Again, I roll my eyes and wait for the inevitable.
[Some one looks comfy.] Amberle links me and I smile.
[Very. Having fun?] I ask back, hearing her chuckle as my confirmation. She is close, I can sense it. More screams and howls ring through the air, Mika scoffing at us as he turns to join his sister who also sends a glare our way. I get their point of wanting to protect their pack, but there is no danger as there is no rogue loose in their pack.
"Mika watch out!" Lace shouts just as a red, orange and yellow blur rushes out of the trees and tackles Mika to the ground. I smile, the wing blowing through a family fiery wolf's fur as Amberle holds my ex mate down, her lips pulled back in a snarl as she waits to see if the Alpha wolf below her will try anything. Fierce and beautiful as always.
"Fire, be nice." A deep voice chides her as if a parent talking to their child and I burst into laughter as Dominic comes out and leans against a tree. Amberle turns her head to face her mate, eyes rolling in annoyance as she looks between Mika and I.
"I don't care who he is. You still have to be nice." A rumble of disapproval is heard from my friend as she glares at her mate, another pause of silence.
"I get it, you're worries about someone you see as a baby sister, but does Gem look like she is hurting?" Dominic points to me just as instantly as Amberle turns to stare at Ariven looking on in amusement and I still in a laughing fit at this interaction. She stares for a moment, growling and snapping her attention back to Mika when he tries to move and snapping with teeth close to his face. I can sense the fear from him with Amberle keeping him held captive.
"Come on Ams, there are clothes in the bathroom first door to the right." I manage to sputter out while my laughing fit comes to an end. She stares at Mika for a moment before slowly stepping away from him and trotting to where Ariven and I sat. Nuzzling my face, she looks between Ariven and I, then to our marks with a wolfish grin before trotting inside.
[About damn time!] She shouts into our link, making me wince and forcing it shut. If she wanted to talk, we can when she is dressed and in skin form.
"So give it to us straight. How is the defense?" Ariven asks as Dominic comes and settles beside us on the steps while we wait for his mate to return.
"Not bad, stronger than expected that's for sure. Fire did have a lot of fun cause havoc though so expect some suggestions to improve some more." He answers. Mika with the help of Lace stands up, dusting himself off with an embarrassed look as he looks at Dominic questioningly.
"Dominic, Alpha of Blood Moon." He introduces with a carefree wave.
"Mika, Beta of Hidden Claws."
"Not the Alpha?" Amberle's voice cuts in as she exits the pack house and plops down beside her mate, snuggling into his side instantly.
"No, I handed the position over to someone much suited to lead." He answers, a hint of pride in his voice. I can't help but smile, knowing that this one act of selflessness that Mika did helped to grow his pack quickly.
"Who?" Dominic questions and Lace steps forward with a grin.
"Me. Lace, Alpha of Hidden Claws and Mika's little sister."
"Damn, and here I was hopping to kick Mika's ass a bad Alpha." Amberle grumbles out.
"There's still plenty of time for that." Ariven chimes in, getting a mischievous grin from the fire haired she-wolf.
"As long as I can mess with the pack and help train them, that's all that matters. Taking care of two five year old and a pack of my own can get boring." Once again I chuckle as Lace walks past us into the pack house with the rest of the group following. We have business to talk about before anything can be done.

 We have business to talk about before anything can be done