Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Elaina's POV

It's been a month since the incident in the janitor's closet. We both have been avoiding each other. He seems to get a slightly pained and hurt expression on his face when he's near me before it gets replaced by no emotion at all. It would just be blank.

He didn't seem to look at other girls though. He wasn't dating anyone, to the delight of all of the single girls out there. They were always trying to get him to look at them, but he didn't seem interested. His face sometimes showed disgust, which was surprising because he didn't seem the type to reject the sluts and hoes of the school.

I can't complain though, it made me happier every time he rejected them. I had never paid him-or really anyone- much attention before that night. I still didn't pay any attention to anyone besides Layla-and now Rane.

Thinking about Layla made me think of her problem. Layla, it turns out, did seduce him that night. I don't think she needed to do much seducing though. She also told me about how she ran in the morning, yet I didn't get a reason why. I guess they talked about it because they were together now. I was a little envious of her now, she was most definitely in love-after just a month!

I always saw them together, happy of course. I never once heard about a fight that they had had so I was okay with it as long as he didn't break her heart. I would-in a heart beat- tear his balls off and feed them to my neighbor's dogs. Then I would throw him off a bridge... Yeah, that's what I would do. I even told him that, and he almost died choking on the drink he was drinking.

He looked at me incredulously and only believed me when Layla said that I would seriously do it. He even looked slightly scared and looked to Layla for help, but she just shrugged.

My mother, Linda, seemed to have pulled her shit together because she was looking better except for the occasional night when she would be up in her room with absolutely no light. She gave off a bad vibe sometimes, and it freaked me out. I made Shane sleep with me every night, or I would sleep with him. He didn't complain, he just did it. I silently thanked him for that.

The chilly wind brought goose bumps to my flesh as I walked down the stone steps of the High School. Not many people were around, just the occasional druggie or person like me, taking my time in leaving. I pulled my hoodie tighter around me as the October wind blew at me. Halloween was only days away.

I started my long journey back home. I thought about the night of the party. I couldn't quite remember it. My memories go up until we land on the bed and then I can't remember. It was quite frustrating- my first time and I don't even remember it!

I was walking along the pavement when I heard voices. They were coming from the woods. I was going to ignore it when I heard a scream. My bag dropped to the ground and I was running into the woods. My mind was telling me not to go, warning me.

I couldn't stop though. What if someone was hurt? I couldn't leave them.

I stop just outside of a clearing. I immediately duck behind a tree and slap myself mentally for my stupidity.

The scream wasn't even a scream- more of a squeal.

From a rabbit.

I must have been so engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't differentiate the two before I acted upon it. Four very big muscular guys stood in the clearing. They were all tall and very fit. They wore shorts with no shirt- didn't they realize how effing cold it was out here? I stared in disbelief at the other thing in the clearing.

It wasn't even doing anything but snacking on the now dead rabbit in its jaws. A wolf! The big brown furry animal laid on its belly and listened as the four men talked.

I decided to listen in too. Might as well, right?

I didn't recognize any of them. A guy with short brown hair spoke up after a quiet pause. "Alpha needs to say something to his mate." The rest nodded. Alpha?

"Yeah. He needs to do it before she figures it out and overreacts. She may call the authorities and we don't need to be dealing with those types of affairs at this moment." One of the shorter of the four said with a grim expression.

"Especially with the threat of war from one of the rogue alphas." I don't know which said that, but he had a nasally voice, kind but had a hint of deadliness attached to it. The biggest of them all spoke up. He scared me the most. Not because of how big he was but because of the strange looking tattoo on his back. A skull? I couldn't see it clearly from my point of view. They all were older looking men and this one had graying short hair.

"She smells odd to me."

"Who?" Brown hair spoke up.

"Our future Luna. I don't know why exactly but she smells...different."

"I noticed it too, when I was around her house doing rounds. Her room smelt different than if I was to go up to her..." nasally voice said to the group before running a hand through his short hair.

"Well we better get back, the alpha may sense we've been gone too long." The one who hadn't said anything told the group before turning to the woods behind him.

I wondered what he was going to do when they all started to shimmer. My eyebrows scrunched together.

Suddenly, huge wolves replaced their spots that they were just standing. It was all done in a matter of 5 seconds.

They all were way bigger than regular wolves, huge even. Their head could easily tower over me. My eyes widen and my mouth opened. They were quite beautiful I must say. Their coat was a mix of all different colors of the forest. They could easily blend into the night around them.

They took off and I watched, amazed, as they hopped, zagged, and ran through the forest until I could no longer see them.

I then turned and ran back to the pavement. I grabbed my bag and pinched my arm. It wasn't a dream. Werewolves existed. I had seen them with my own eyes.

All I could think was, what the hell just happened?

_________________________________